DJI Repair Service

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it... Crashed my P4P. I hit a tree limb, essentially no warning from the obstacle avoidance... looking at the logs, 4.5 seconds from first sign of trouble until the last telemetry received. Anyway, not blaming the machine, it was my fault--thought I was further away than I was, and I was flying to the left, so no OA coverage there. Broke the gimbal, and crunched 2 of the arms, and broke a propeller blade off. Could have been worse, I guess, but it isn't good.

I'm shipping it to DJI Repair, so this will be my first experience with them. Just wondering what I should expect.

I've printed out the paperwork and shipping label, so is it just box it up and send it in from here? I'm just sending the aircraft, no need to send in the controller, or should I send it too?

Looking at my flight records, the aircraft has 20.9 hours on it (20:55) and 702,539 total distance. What are the chances of getting my unit back rather than them sending a refurb? And, how much out of pocket am I going to be looking at, rough estimate?

Thanks, kinda bummed about this... but, if you're gonna fly and get the good shots, eventually you're gonna pay.

Use the online chat with DJI before you send it, they will provide packing instructions when they send you the shipping label. They will send you a repair quote and request authorisation to proceed before repairing anything (and ask for payment). You can track the whole process on line- they will issue a reference number so you can do this.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
After the chat with DJI you should have an option to get an email of the chat sent to you and they will email you a shipping label with 48 hours. For what it's worth I had the same problem as you about 18 months ago. My fault. Crashed into a tree at 90 metres and it fell, breaking the shell and camera snapped off. Had to pay for it as it was pilot error. The costs at the time.... £90. Was so shocked. Thought it was going to be more. Got my original drone back but different top shell and different camera. Fingers crossed that the price will be similar. However mine was a P3A so yours may be a bit higher due to it being more advanced. Plus it also depends if the control board was wrecked. But keep us posted and good luck mate

I had a prop come off, warranty covered it. It dropped from 70ft. Gimbal came off and legs broke. Little cracks on top and bottom cover around one motor mount. They sent me a replacement. I checked the serial #. It was built July 17, 2018. It took 2 weeks turn around time. The bill was over $420 US. They make a bill, but it was still free to me.

Finally found my way to the chat at DJI, and my bird is on it's way to California. So far so good...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.