DJI Removes Access to Flight Record .TXT Files

Reaction score
DJI has removed the ability to access your Flight Records in the DJI Go 4 app, and from the sounds of the support staff you may not have access in the DJI Go app either.

They claim that it's all in the cloud now, and we cant have it anymore (not hard copies anyway) Really DJI? Have they heard of compliance? Unreal....

Reactions: sparky1111
I upgraded to iOS 4.0.6 yesterday and my flight data is all there, including a flight after I upgraded. Synced to the dji server, HD and it's all there. Sounds weird.

I'm sorry gulf your not talking about these are you.
This was trying out new update this morning.
IMG_8132.PNG

Yes. It surprised the crap out of me. My FlightRecords in the .txt format located in the DJI directory were not complete. I've done six flights since 2/12/17 -- however only three .txt files were in the directory. I did a flight this morning, and went to d/l the file and no deal.

Everything is in the cloud now according to Tech Support, and we have no way to generate a hard copy via the DJI Cloud. When I asked about compliance issues etc., I got dead air. it was 5:00 PDT and they hung up. So now my work around is to use HD SYNC and after installing the app, it retrieved the data from the DJI Go 4 app and posted to my Healthy Drones account.

While that works for "now", I still prefer to have direct access to the logs on my device. From my initial testing this afternoon, I cannot even find a way to see the "Cloud Data" unless I power up the unit / rc so it logs in to the server.

Another issue in my mind is privacy. If I'm shooting for a client or anything for that matter, all of the data associated with that flight / use of imagery is owned by me, or anyone I choose to assign certain usage rights to. Not sure that I want DJI to have copies of that data without my express consent.

Thoughts anyone?

[edit] This is in reference to the DJI Go 4 app and the P4 Pro. I'm not sure if the "DJI Go" app behaves any differently with other models.

Last edited:
DJI has removed the ability to access your Flight Records in the DJI Go 4 app, and from the sounds of the support staff you may not have access in the DJI Go app either.
They claim that it's all in the cloud now, and we cant have it anymore (not hard copies anyway) Really DJI? Have they heard of compliance? Unreal....
Unreal is the word because this isn't true.
Perhaps you misunderstood whatever DJI support staff said ... or they didn't know what they were talking about.
I have no problem finding and downloading any of my records right up to yesterday.
i-bsk5kns-L.jpg

Unreal is the word because this isn't true.
Perhaps you misunderstood whatever DJI support staff said ... or they didn't know what they were talking about.
I have no problem finding and downloading any of my records right up to yesterday.
i-bsk5kns-L.jpg

That's awesome! But yes... I do know what I'm talking about. My logs are NOT in the directory you have indicated, for either the P3S or the P4P. I have been working thru a P3S Warranty / Service issue with them for over 30 days, have spoken to various Supervisors and even the Repair Mgr.

I won't go into all of the details of the issue, but suffice it to say my original drone was shipped to another person after the repairs that "I" paid for, that as it turns out... should have been under warranty in the first place.

After not being able to produce my drone (get it back from the person who mistakenly received it), I was sent another unit with someone else's name registered to the unit, so... a refurb. Bottom line is I finally ended up with a new replacement after this fiasco.

During this mess of determining who was on first, and sorting out serial numbers, and collecting data etc., it became apparent that the Flight Records existed for all EXCEPT the most recent flights on both platforms (P3S and P4P). Upon checking all of the directories in the DJI Root, I could not find the last 10 days of flights. Conversations with DJI techs and supervisors confirmed that they had changed the software to cloud only access. Obviously you can see yours... so Hooray! :)

As I type this... I am once again checking my device to make sure, and nothing is different.

I am using a OnePlus device, and I never had an issue grabbing what I wanted from my device, but now I cannot. You are more experienced than I, and may have other information. But I posted my situation, and subsequent conversation with DJI. :)

Thanks!

Conversations with DJI techs and supervisors confirmed that they had changed the software to cloud only access.
... But I posted my situation, and subsequent conversation with DJI.
Unfortunately information from DJI people is of variable accuracy.
Sometimes you get someone that knows what they talking about but often you don't.
Obviously flight records aren't "cloud access only" because they only get onto the DJI cloud if you synch them.
I had a mystery situation a few months back where I couldn't find the .txt files either but there were still flight records showing up in the app.
Do your missing flights show up in the app?

Unfortunately information from DJI people is of variable accuracy.
Sometimes you get someone that knows what they talking about but often you don't.
Obviously flight records aren't "cloud access only" because they only get onto the DJI cloud if you synch them.
I had a mystery situation a few months back where I couldn't find the .txt files either but there were still flight records showing up in the app.
Do your missing flights show up in the app?

Yes they do, and yes... I have spent 30 days tracking down people who have a clue, so I can fully appreciate what you're saying. We've even had conversations regarding compliance etc. The conversation is not over, and we will talking again tomorrow. It's gotten to the level in which they are initiating the phone calls, so that I don't have to navigate the OnHold and Initial Interview, just to get to who I need, so that is a plus. :)

It will all eventually get sorted out, I'm sure. I have the attention of people who understand what's happened, and why it's not good.

Maybe it's a bug and not affecting all devices, but the support peeps I've spoken with don't think so. They are convinced it's purposely coded. I hadn't posted anything new because I did not have anything new to report, but when I saw the Fly Away it caught my attention and of course as I read through it, I saw something that may be relevant.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

Never did come back and update, but... it's fixed and working as normal again after the update that was pushed the day I received the promised follow-up call. And, the mis-directed shipment of my drone was resolved with a new unit.

Reactions: Falcon900
I was going to chime in that with 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 (and earlier versions) I have always had access to the TXT files and I even save them to OneDrive. With 3.1.1 I've successfully synced from DJI cloud to the newly purchased tablet, prior to which I used a smartphone.
I can't speak for go 4 though.

I have that happening also, I have to restart my device to get them to show up while accessing the device with a pc

Reactions: K9VXV
This issue sounds to be caused by MTP and how it indexes files. I have always had that problem in Android on Nexus devices. Download a file on the device and connect it to the computer and it does not show up. Download SDcard refresh or something similar from the play store to help out. Device restart can also fix it too but I just like to run the refresh and the files I am missing will show.

www.howtogeek.com/195607/how-to-get-your-android-device-to-show-up-in-file-explorer-if-it-isnt/amp/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4