DJI Releases March 1St Teaser Video!

wow now we just have to wait

Reactions: BenjiAlpineP3p
I'm guessing but it looks like the phantom x

watch phantom x demo from dji I think that is what it is

The mesh stuff could be some sort of sensor, or a vent. my arduino proximity sensors have mesh like that in front of it. And it looks like the leaked photo someone had of the motors being super high up is accurate.

At 00:30 did anyone see the proppelor coming into the shot??? Could it have inverted flight potential??? That would be CRAZY!

apple banging head against wall

Crossing fingers for larger sensor on camera and better DR. Doubtful though. I think all new features will be for piloting.

Obstacle avoidance, meh, I'd rather they knock $500 of the $1,700 price and get rid of it. Sure it's wiz bang stuff but man I wanna fly not have a bees nest following me around through the the woods.

Obstacle sensors for all those who said "that technology is still 20 years away!"
20 years away? Tracking and sensor technology exists before this website even.

Here is tracking and 3D mapping (just used at the super bowl from 3 years ago).

The stuff I could show you from just recently will make you freak out. The faster the chips get, the faster they can track little points on a face, let alone a giant car or whole person or tree.

And this random one (the first one was BEFORE Intel RealSense by the way). It was developed by a small Japanese team.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I cant afford it ;(
i sold everything i can (FPV goggles, phantom FC40, ETC.) and all i have is $1200. Obstacle avoidance is a gimmick. Think about it. We pay $500 for obstacle avoidance (that is probably why we are paying $1700 instead of $1200 for the phantom x) and most crash repairs cost under $500 (correct me if i am wrong)
do you really want to pay $500 for something that you may use once and may cost you more than it saves you?

Reactions: Phantom751874
I cant afford it ;(
i sold everything i can (FPV goggles, phantom FC40, ETC.) and all i have is $1200. Obstacle avoidance is a gimmick. Think about it. We pay $500 for obstacle avoidance (that is probably why we are paying $1700 instead of $1200 for the phantom x) and most crash repairs cost under $500 (correct me if i am wrong)
do you really want to pay $500 for something that you may use once and may cost you more than it saves you?

Yep. I'll make a prediction. If whatever Phantom variant that is released on March 1 costs $1,700 and the only major difference between it and its P3 brethren is collision avoidance we will see that $1,700 price drop to $1,400 within 6 months. Drones + Collision Avoidance = TV's + 3D.

20 years away? Tracking and sensor technology exists before this website even.

Here is tracking and 3D mapping (just used at the super bowl from 3 years ago).

The stuff I could show you from just recently will make you freak out. The faster the chips get, the faster they can track little points on a face, let alone a giant car or whole person or tree.

And this random one (the first one was BEFORE Intel RealSense by the way). It was developed by a small Japanese team.

That is what I said.
I've had sensors on my car sense 2013 that allow it to park itself, warn me with heads up display if I'm about to have a collision, and Adaptive Cruise Control that adjusts my car's speed to stay a set distance behind the car ahead of me. So I knew that this technology would/will soon be adapted for, and common in drones.

That is what I said.
I've had sensors on my car sense 2013 that allow it to park itself, warn me with heads up display if I'm about to have a collision, and Adaptive Cruise Control that adjusts my car's speed to stay a set distance behind the car ahead of me. So I knew that this technology would/will soon be adapted for, and common in drones.
Yeah, I was agreeing with you.

You mentioned some people said "20 years away" and I was referencing that comment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1