DJI released a new Phantom 3, the Standard

Is this the same camera with a different processor, or the same processor just with the ability to record 2.7K now. The V+ had the 12MP camera but was not able to record video at that high a resolution probably because of the data rate and processing needed.

Is this the same camera with a different processor, or the same processor just with the ability to record 2.7K now. The V+ had the 12MP camera but was not able to record video at that high a resolution probably because of the data rate and processing needed.
Does the camera from the Standard is better than Phantom 3 Adv ?

not sure about better. but it definitely has a higher resolution than the advanced which is kind of strange considering the price point that they're selling these for.

Cant wait for POI and waypoints :D

Not a bad deal at that price but I'd still go for the P3P. Def choose this over a P2 though.

But I see another possible problem for existing Phantom owners...
I thought they would have wanted to tame the CustomerService beast first?
Won't this increase the number of incoming repairs and bog down the process even more?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
As now the standard P3 has a better video recording capacity (2.7k) as the P3 Advanced, does DJI will change the firmware and allow the 2.7k for the Advanced?

As now the standard P3 has a better video recording capacity (2.7k) as the P3 Advanced, does DJI will change the firmware and allow the 2.7k for the Advanced?

that seems likely. I see it getting added into the professional model as well.

that seems likely. I see it getting added into the professional model as well.

If it's the same camera, I can't see why DJI wouldn't activate 2.7k in firmware. Might not be too late to return my P2... ;)

Reactions: Cthulhus
Not a bad deal at that price but I'd still go for the P3P. Def choose this over a P2 though.

But I see another possible problem for existing Phantom owners...
I thought they would have wanted to tame the CustomerService beast first?
Won't this increase the number of incoming repairs and bog down the process even more?
Bingo! I guess they are not overly concerned with customer service...

I really hope that 'point of interest' and other modes introduced in the Standard are brought over to the Advanced and Pro

I really hope that 'point of interest' and other modes introduced in the Standard are brought over to the Advanced and Pro
I hope so so much... But I'm afraid that we will not have this features... They are not indicated on the products pages of the ADV/PRO... Like the 2.7k video recording on the ADV page

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj