DJI registration transfer?

Reaction score
Folks quick question.

My neighbour asked about getting her husband a P3A for Christmas, and it has just arrived. She asked me to check it out, and I offered to update the firmware and do a quick test flight to make sure it is all working ok.

I went through the process, but I have to register it with DJI of course, in order to proceed. Does anyone know the process for transferring registration to a new owner? I don't have the neighbour's email address and anyway I wouldn't want him knowing in advance! I could use a dummy account and then transfer ownership to the neighbour after 25th.

Any help appreciated. I searched the forums but all the answers are about FAA registration!

Connor

An easier option perhaps -- wait until the 25th and you can show him how to do everything in person. Teach a man to fish.

Have the wife give you his details and register it under his name.

Folks quick question.

My neighbour asked about getting her husband a P3A for Christmas, and it has just arrived. She asked me to check it out, and I offered to update the firmware and do a quick test flight to make sure it is all working ok.

I went through the process, but I have to register it with DJI of course, in order to proceed. Does anyone know the process for transferring registration to a new owner? I don't have the neighbour's email address and anyway I wouldn't want him knowing in advance! I could use a dummy account and then transfer ownership to the neighbour after 25th.

Any help appreciated. I searched the forums but all the answers are about FAA registration!

Connor

Why do you have to re-register it. ?

It should fly with new device without problems.

An easier option perhaps -- wait until the 25th and you can show him how to do everything in person. Teach a man to fish.

Indeed, I would endorse this path.... he needs to be the responsible party so that he understands his aircraft completely... you could be the awesome mentor and guide that helps him get there!

I'm with msinger on this one. Hands on everything. A man needs to bond with his P3.:D

Reactions: dirtybum and essel
What's the difference of you setting it up under a dummy name/email and it being under your name/email? Same result for him.

But if you really want to, i'm sure you can email DJI and they can change it.

I wouldn't want a P3A for Christmas that a neighbor has already fingered.. Don't do it. Let her know you're there for him IF he needs help. It's new and don't need you to unbox it and fly it around. I don't think it would be fair to the husband. Jmho

Last edited:
Brick the bird or remote during updating and you own it. Don't mess with equipment that isn't yours no matter what. Just don't do it.

Register it in his name, his address, etc but use your email address. He can change the email address after the 25th.

I wouldn't want a P3A for Christmas that a neighbor has already fingered.. Don't do it. Let her know you're there for him IF he needs help. It's new and don't need you to unbox it and fly it around. I don't think it would be fair to the husband. Jmho

Fair point. But she asked, and he's not a techie geek - he'll be happy just to fly it. But I see your point. Also, he'll want to fly it on 25th, and I'll be busy doing other things!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj