DJI Pro app will not connect P3P

Reaction score
I had a crash due to high wind. The copter came out fine but now I can not connect the app to remote. I have all the current firmware's installed which was done before crash. That includes copter, remote and DJI Go App.

The remote has been reset, linked to copter and I can fly the drone. The camera is fine for I can record and video. I just can not see anything on iPad.2 mini.

What I have noticed is the map on the iPad mini is where the drone crashed last. Again it will not connect for the drone is home.

Any help would be great. I think I may be down to replacing the USB port but I wanted to hear from you.

and your sure you quit the app , like double clicked the home button and swiped it off the screen, mine does it periodically, but swiping and restarting the app usually fixes it, does your gimble still work? do you have good signal ?

Gimble works and everything about drone seems fine. I haven't flown yet but I had engines running, recorded myself and took pictures. I have deleted the app from iPad, erased everything on iPad to factory and reinstalled. When I do this I can't even see camera. I restore previous version and then I can see camera but nothing connects. Cables have been tested. I read about upgrading to the hdmi board. Not sure what to do.

I was thinking of trying a different app to see how that goes. I am past frustrated.

You said you tested the cable but have you tried a different one? Make sure you have the right aircraft selected in the app. Maybe it accidentally got changed.

I have used two different cables and I have the right aircraft. Thanks for the suggestions.

I am not sure I understand that. If the app doesn't connect how do I reload map? I shall search around. Thanks for the suggestion.

I did reinstall DJI go App but when I do that then I can't even get to the camera. I restore iPad from previous version and at least I can get app to open but that is all.

I did reinstall DJI go App but when I do that then I can't even get to the camera. I restore iPad from previous version and at least I can get app to open but that is all.
Yeh i delete that post,was goin to say try nother device just to elimenate it,yip you can open app but that it,nothin when clickin on phantom,sorry tryin to think while diggin a block pipe up,are phantom lights flashin notmal

Just read nother post with idea says to check device usb tethering,sometimes this gets turned off when some firmwareupdates are done

I have tried opening app with my iPhone 6s with same results. iPad mini 2 has no cellular so I don't think I can check that area. I surely will look around. I really am starting to think it is the USB port. I did download another app Kittyhawk but I am afraid to try it. I just don't want to crash this investment again. All lights are good. Green on remote and drone and video rc linked.

Take a flashlight and look down in the RC and look at the USB plug. Are all 4 contacts still there? Maybe one broke off. Long shot but worth a look.

Kittyhawk would not connect. Puzzled.
Been workin ,,kittyhawk i not seen this app,check device setting again for instalation of unknow sources might be disabled ,gosh i covered in crap need to wash up ,i be back,,ok saw kittyhawk ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Port looks fine. Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if they make a lightning to mini USB port. Could the drone connect using the mini port. Something to try. I may just upgrade to the new hdmi board and try that as well.

Persistence pays off. I got it working again. Remember the controller and AC worked and could sync to each other but DJI app would not connect. I am using an IPad mini 2
Here is the steps.
1: Deleted all flight logs after syncing them with DJI
2: cleared all warning, video cache and any other cache I could clear.
3: reset IPad back to factory wiping out all content. Basically starting over from scratch
4: downloaded DJI GO app. That is the only app ( other than Apple apps) on IPad.
5: opened App and created a brand new account.
6: I then picked the Phantom 3 Pro AC and to my amazement it went to camera.
7: Clicked on camera and everything came up as normal. I was shocked.

I calibrated all that I could calibrate and then took it out for a test flight. Auto take off and return to home worked fine. GPS all good. Compass calibration ok. It did seem to drift a little but I think I can work on that.

So happy I have this running again. Thank you everyone for you suggestions and support. I hope my results helps others.

Well, problems persist. It doesn't want to fly out of beginner mode. Something strange is going on. I did get one normal flight in yesterday but today many issues. I connected once now it isn't connecting again. I think I will send it to be looked at.

Well, problems persist. It doesn't want to fly out of beginner mode. Something strange is going on. I did get one normal flight in yesterday but today many issues. I connected once now it isn't connecting again. I think I will send it to be looked at.
Bloody things,,was goin to say to check to check distance limit is off but if not conecting again yes something goin on,i havin a search around now see what i can nosy up,having to send drone back sucs,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen