DJI Pricing Policy.

Reaction score
How much thought do you think DJI put into their pricing policy?

Do you think they actually have a strategy to keep customers 'loyal'? and is at at the expenses of bricks and mortar retail partners who have helped them establish their brand?

Ill explain my situation, and feel free to comment. But before I go on, this post is not due to my own misfortune, but more an opinion on what DJI are doing wrong and likely damaging their brand.

Back in late Jan i buy a P3P for $2199 AUD from an DJI Authorised Reseller. I chose this store due to good service and a high level of expertise in the category.

A few weeks later, the P3P drops $500 AUD. Ouch !!! But these things happen so i suck it up and just think about the 3 weeks of fun Ive had.

Just after P4 is launched I crash my P3P. So i end up biting the bullet and buying a P4 at $2399 AUD. When the order is placed the shop says its 2-3 weeks before stock will be available.

To my surprise, i recieve my order 5 days later on the 5th April. Awesome.

When i get home that night I see that the place Ive ordered my P4 from @ $2399 is now selling the P4 bundled with 2 additional batteries (3 in total) for $2699. So I miss out on the offer as my order just arrived.

After contact is made unsuccessfully with the retailer to see if i can pay extra $300 to get the 2 batteries I just accept it and cop ot sweet again.

So right now I see myself spending $2199 + $2399 in a couple of months and missing out on a $500 discount and $300 battery offer.

Oh well. Lifes tough hey?

Then recently the DJI offer comes out. 50% off batteries .... DJI credits .... as long as you buy from DJI???

Now i have to think to myself?

1. Will i ever buy from my retail stire again? Probably not as DJI might give me a deal later via a credit. My loyalty for the store drops as DJI has stuffed them up as well.
2. Will I buy DJI product in future at or close to launch? No bloody way.
3. Is DJI ruining their channel partners by trying to direct all sales to go to them directly?

I could easily go on.

As good as their product is, DJI need to have a strategy in place that looks after their loyal earky adopters, their retail partners and those that are new to the category.

What goes up must come down. DJI are kidding themselves if they think they will be #1 forever. I hope they start thinking about what brand loyalty is and how to maintain it.

DJI policy is to sell it a maximum and then as sales numbers trail, offer incentives.

By the time the P5 comes along the P4 will be sub $1000 and probably a hard shell etc.

Reactions: Shammyh
One advantage of brick and mortar stores is some of them offer store credit or credit cards, to make the purchase easy. Also options for extended warranty and repair.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj