DJI PILOT / GO APP

Reaction score
Hello,

I´m an Android user but I have an IPAD mini that I also se for the P3p.

I was reading thru the DJI web site, and sometimes they call the APP DJI pilot, sometimes call it DJI Go,

what is the difference? I have installed on my galaxy S6 edge DJI Pilot 1.2.0, haven't seen any DJI Go app yet?

That is the DJI GO? Is it the same software?

Thanks!

Hello,

I´m an Android user but I have an IPAD mini that I also se for the P3p.

I was reading thru the DJI web site, and sometimes they call the APP DJI pilot, sometimes call it DJI Go,

what is the difference? I have installed on my galaxy S6 edge DJI Pilot 1.2.0, haven't seen any DJI Go app yet?

That is the DJI GO? Is it the same software?

Thanks!
The DJI GO replaces the DJI Pilot

Reactions: Alexandre Bachour
Grounded by the non-working application. DJI makes us fools . The pilot was unsuccessful application and GO is a joke.
Mine is working ok-- but I am still on 1.1.9 in Firmware on the aircraft and 2.1.0 on the app. Wonder if the firmware update is the culprit here?

Last edited:
I am updating controller now as we speak from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 --- then I am going to see if the controller and app still connect to 1..1.9 on the Phantom. I will check back in on this thread and report the results.

Last edited:
I am updating controller now as we speak from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 --- then I am going to see if the controller and app still connect to 1.1.9 on the Phantom. I will check back in on this thread and report the results.
Just upgrade controller-- had to do it with a USB card reader and the SD card. Went off without a hitch, it was finished in two minutes, however let it go to ten minutes. Took it out, hooked up the Ipad and powered up. Loaded the app, no issues, fired up the Phantom on 1.1.9, connected no issues-- started and ran motors -- all controls appear to be working. Firmware warning only showing now for Phantom, camera and battery.
Next step:
Before updating the Phantom 3 Firmware, I am going to take it out and check everything out with some short, close in flights,,. when I finish those, I will report back on this same thread. So now the Ipad has the latest DJI GO app and the controller has been updated to 1.3.2. The Phantom is still on 1.1.9

Last edited:
Just upgrade controller-- had to do it with a USB card reader and the SD card. Went off without a hitch, it was finished in two minutes, however let it go to ten minutes. Took it out, hooked up the Ipad and powered up. Loaded the app, no issues, fired up the Phantom on 1.1.9, connected no issues-- started and ran motors -- all controls appear to be working. Firmware warning only showing now for Phantom, camera and battery.
Next step:
Before updating the Phantom 3 Firmware, I am going to take it out and check everything out with some short, close in flights,,. when I finish those, I will report back on this same thread. So now the Ipad has the latest DJI GO app and the controller has been updated to 1.3.2 The Phantom is still on 1.1.9.
Update on last post: Decided to check again and see if everything was working right. Powered everything up -- connected for about 5 seconds and then lost connection,,,, Did this three times, same result.
Next Step: Updating P3 firmware from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 to see if this resolves the connection issue. I will report back on this same thread when the update on the P3 is completed and I see if it will maintain connection.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that I read you can only use DJI Go with your P3 using 1.3.2. Given that the DJI Go automatically updates from Pilot (unless you have auto updates turned off of course!) it's a bit of a fait accomplis that you'll need to upgrade your bird to make use of Go. Having said that, I have found it absolutely brilliant so whatever problems some are having, it isn't the software itself. I had horrendous problems with 1.2.6 but they were cured instantly when I went up to 1.3.2 and I haven't had a problem with any connections from the moment I upgraded.

Reactions: bobmyers
Update on last post: Decided to check again and see if everything was working right. Powered everything up -- connected for about 5 seconds and then lost connection,,,, Did this three times, same result.
Next Step: Updating P3 firmware from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 to see if this resolves the connection issue. I will report back on this same thread when the update on the P3 is completed and I see if it will maintain connection.
I just completed the Firmware upgrade from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 on the Phantom and all 5 batteries. The P3 now connects and maintains the connection on the table. When the controller was updated to 1.3.2 it would connect with the Phantom but lose connection with the Phantom in about 5 seconds. I would have to conclude that both the controller and the Phantom would have to have the same upgrade versions.

This what may be happening with the DJI go App. Many of these apps upgraded automatically on IOS if the device was set to accept automatic upgrades. Mine did. So now there is an upgraded app on the tablet with upgraded firmware trying to connect to a P3 that may not have been upgraded to 1.3.2 or the upgrade was not successful. According to my tests and results, the new app will not connect to a Phantom that is not running the same firmware.

So all the folks out there that are battling these connection issues this may be the issue.

Hope this helps some of your.

Last edited:
The upgrade was completely successful and now all that remains is to go out and do some test flights.:)

Last edited:
I am grounded too! P3P w Nvidia Shield will not
connect to controller. I get the ISO msg. ( in development)
F this crap. I'm going to look at the Wakera 500, and the new Yuneec
4K Typhoon

Looks like most of the connection issues are with the Android.--- causing a lot of aggravation--
I am grounded too! P3P w Nvidia Shield will not
connect to controller. I get the ISO msg. ( in development)
F this crap. I'm going to look at the Wakera 500, and the new Yuneec
4K Typhoon
The only issue with that is distance-- I have been told that about 2000 feet in max-- but other than that, it may well serve your needs. Hope you have better results. Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers