DJI Pilot App KILLING my iPhone!

Reaction score
I know I have seen this somewhere else before, but please offer any help if you are able. I have had my iPhone 6 for almost a year. Battery life is GREAT! I recently bought the P3 Professional and installed the DJI Pilot App. The first time I flew the P3 for about 10 minutes, my iPhone charge went from 83% to 35%! I have tried shutting down all other programs, uninstalling and reinstalling the Pilot App, and then performing an iPhone reset after doing that. But, I am still seeing about 50% battery drain in 15 minutes of flight time. I need to find an acceptable solution pronto! Some of the properties I am filming require at least 45 minutes of work, and I won't be able to do it on one iPhone charge. Any help not telling me to try the things that I have already mentioned would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am willing to pay several hundred dollars to anybody that can erase the DJI 15.5. mile no-fly around Washington DC. Please contact me if you want some $$ for this task.

Is your remote fully charged? Wonder if the phone is back charging the remote in some way...? Try a different cord just to eliminate. Are you aware of how to shut down other processes on the phone? Double bump the home button...

I have a samsung tablet I'm going to be selling. Works great w/ the pilot app. Comes w/ a digitally printed sun shade. [emoji1]

I've had my iPhone 6 for about the same time. I don't have any problems with the app. I even turn my brightness almost all the way up. Flew the other day for about 20 minutes straight to bring both of my batteries down to 50%. I wasn't really paying attention to my phone's battery life, but it definitely didn't drastically decrease. My phone was hot, but I expected that.

IMO it is not the app where the problem is, maybe
turn off Bluetooth and wifi when flying.
Shot down all the apps running in background and make sure the pilot app is the only one running.
That should help a little...;)

Last edited:
I am using an iPad Air 2 and have found that in airplane mode I only lose about 1% charge on the iPad per minute of flying (or maybe even a bit less). Maybe you should cache the maps before flying, then go to airplane mode while flying.

If you're trying to stream, that could be the problem. This would especially be true if you're far from your WiFi signal or on the edge of a cell tower's reach and the phone is having to use a lot of power in the transmitter.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik