DJI Phantom Vision+ Video in Edinburgh

Reaction score
Hi All!

Made my first video using the first couple days of footage from the vision+.

Shot mostly at 5AM as I'm not sure on shooting in a city centre etc, however some of the shots are a little dark.

Hope you like it, and would appreciate any tips or reccomendations.

Thanks! :)

James

http://youtu.be/DWMEy3xf-9E

[youtube]http://youtu.be/DWMEy3xf-9E[/youtube]

Very nicely done. Great mix of camera movement to avoid having the shots look like still photos. Can't remember if any of them included having the Phantom move backwards. I think this is a nice feature to incorporate. I'm working to be sure to include them in my videos. I liked the shot "driving" down the tree lined road. Great use of that capability. Good match of the music tempo with the style of the video. Some of the clips had some jerking motion. Not sure if that's stick movement or a gimbal problem. I find it's easier to let the Phantom go where it's headed and get a smooth shot rather than attempt fine adjustments. I'm not skilled enough yet to master the smooth flowing flight path. 5am is a great time to film!

Are you flying with a CAA permission? If not its pretty risky posting this! Good video though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Nice video.
Something I've only seen on a lot if not most Phantom 2 vision or vision+ videos is when filming cloudy skies, the movement of the sky/clouds do not always match the movement of the ground
Especially noticeable at 3:27 - is this some compression "bug" inherent to the FC200?

Luap said:
Nice video.
Something I've only seen on a lot if not most Phantom 2 vision or vision+ videos is when filming cloudy skies, the movement of the sky/clouds do not always match the movement of the ground
Especially noticeable at 3:27 - is this some compression "bug" inherent to the FC200?
I looked at 3:27 and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so maybe I'm not looking at the same thing you are. Those objects in the foreground like the tower are moving faster because they are much closer to the camera than the clouds in the sky. That's why you move the camera with something close and other things farther away so you see that difference. Can you describe differently what you're seeing?

IrishSights said:
Are you flying with a CAA permission? If not its pretty risky posting this! Good video though.

Remind me again why he would need CAA permission for this flying?

Luap said:
Nice video.

WHAT :?: :?: :?: :lol:
Edit: I see what you mean. It's more obvious in your video. This is the spheric shape of the lens that creates these abberations. Everything that is in the periphery of the lens gets altered. It is worse when the camera moves. The one in the video has some Yaw and is pretty brutal. It is a Gopro thing. Wouldn't happen with a different (flatter) lens. Warp stabilisers may make the things worse in that matter.

sergekouper said:
Thank you for the summary! :) I did a copy and paste for my records.
Your welcome, just trying to give back after the help I recieved early on.

Nice shots. The city looks a wonderful I a remember on my last visit.

What are the rules about flying around the castle, or up to Hollyrood Palace for instance? Would love to see a approach shot of the fountain and a 360 rotation of it.

Great looking stuff.

zalph said:

What are the rules about flying around the castle, or up to Hollyrood Palace for instance? Would love to see a approach shot of the fountain and a 360 rotation of it.

Great looking stuff.

You have to get the permission of the landowner to takeoff and land amongst other things. :lol:

Good luck laddie.

Pete

deltamike said:
zalph said:

Great looking stuff.

You have to get the permission of the landowner to takeoff and land amongst other things. :lol:

Good luck laddie.

Pete
And the CAA

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1