DJI Phantom VISION System Announced

Reaction score
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/4/prweb10608640.htm

DJI, one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers in UAV systems, today announced the launch of the PHANTOM VisionTM, the industry’s first professional grade, consumer-focused quadcopter with integrated HD camera. Based upon the popular PHANTOM platform, the PHANTOM Vision provides hobbyists and professional videographers alike the capability to capture full HD video and pictures right out of the box.
The PHANTOM Vision is the only quadcopter on the market to offer professional-level multi-rotor flight control technology, an intelligent GPS-based autopilot system, an integrated HD camera and an iOS app for full camera control. The PHANTOM Vision also comes with a remote control unit containing pre-programmed autopilot parameters allowing pilots to switch between different flight modes to achieve particular flight experiences. Also incorporated are safety parameters, such as a failsafe feature that will bring the PHANTOM Vision back to its take-off point and land itself if it loses signal from the remote control unit for any reason.
Features of PHANTOM Vision
Integrated HD camera with tilt function
14 megapixel still images and 1080p HD video
Variable field of view
Fully remote camera controlled via iOS app
Vibration isolation
Ready-to-fly right out of the box – no programming needed
Stable and easy to fly with agile performance
Features of DJI iOS App
Low latency video monitoring (downlink)
Full remote camera control
Wireless synchronization
Social Media sharing
First person viewing (FPV) functionality
“DJI continues to raise the bar in both UAV flight control systems and airframe technology,” stated Colin Guinn, CEO of DJI North America. “The PHANTOM Vision provides for a completely new level of aerial photography for the average person, while also creating a new and exciting commercial opportunity for hundreds of thousands of digital photography professionals across the world.”
The PHANTOM Vision will be available for purchase at the end of Q2 2013. Incredibly compelling pricing to be announced soon.
###
About DJI
DJI Innovations (“DJI”) is a global leader in developing and manufacturing small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) for commercial and recreational use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight control technology. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and videography more reliable and easier to use for professional photographers, cinematographers and hobbyists around the world.
DJI’s global operations currently span North America, Europe and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 50 countries; for applications in film, advertising, law enforcement, farming, and many other industries.
For more information, visit DJI online: http://www.dji-innovations.com
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iflydji
Follow us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/iflydji

Now we are talking !!
Until now the Phantom has just been an expensive toy which called for even more expensive add ons to become semi professional, maybe this can bring it a step further in the right direction?
Don´t get me wrong, I like my Phantom, but I do not find it anywhere near what I need as a cameraman making a living shooting video. I guess I still will use the octocopters for prof use, and enjoy my Phantom when off work.
I also fly QAVs and find them much better for GoPro shooting, so the Phantom has been more or less a toy for me :)
Maybe this will change the game a bit, at least in the cheaper end of the scale :cool:

If the Phantom Vision provides a live FPV downlink to your iPhone or iPad, how cool would it be if you could share that live feed real time? Your iPhone or iPad could broadcast your FPV stream over the net using LTE or WiFi live, to a special DJI live camera site, or to a partner like USTREAM.

How cool would that be?

Next mid-east government overthrow? Launch a few Phantom Visions and broadcast it live for the world to see.

Adam said:
If the Phantom Vision provides a live FPV downlink to your iPhone or iPad, how cool would it be if you could share that live feed real time? Your iPhone or iPad could broadcast your FPV stream over the net using LTE or WiFi live, to a special DJI live camera site, or to a partner like USTREAM.

How cool would that be?

Next mid-east government overthrow? Launch a few Phantom Visions and broadcast it live for the world to see.

I'm interested! I haven't bought a new camera in a couple of weeks! (Says the guy that's bought a dozen in the past 3 or 4 years)

I'd like to see some footage from the camera. I've seen a lot of companies try and knock of GoPro with HD video and have seen less than awesome results. Is the camera interchangeable?

There have been discussions regarding Phantoms getting "lost" due to WiFi use with GoPros. How has this been improved to prevent that problem with Phantom Vision?

Thanks,

Buk said:
There have been discussions regarding Phantoms getting "lost" due to WiFi use with GoPros. How has this been improved to prevent that problem with Phantom Vision?

Thanks,

That's been suspected to be a source of problems, but never conclusively proven.

Buk said:

Thanks,
See the video I just posted in the News section.

See next post....

Here is almost all about Phantom Vision, demo and details from Collin Guinn (DJIs CEO) June 02/2013

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rht-QarvEM4[/youtube]

Some points:

1) What is the device Collin moves on 6:02 and 10:10 ? looks like a wifi amplifier or signal booster for telemetry... hmmm
2) He says 300 mts for wifi range ! that awesome.
3) When asked about price Collin answer (LOL) it will be cheaper than GoPro + Phantom ... but not cheaper than Phantom with Zenmuse...
4) The app will be compatible with iPad ?
5) Phantom Version 1.0 is not upgradable for using VISION (camera, batteries, etrc) even as Collin said: "...we'll try if there is demmand..." :twisted:

Geat, thanks for sharing. I was hoping we'd get some news on the new products at Cine Gear Expo.

telecaster said:
Now we are talking !!
Until now the Phantom has just been an expensive toy which called for even more expensive add ons to become semi professional, maybe this can bring it a step further in the right direction?

Now it's a really, really cool expensive toy! :D

Looks really cool for taking stills, but without any kind of roll stabilization (and questionable pitch stabilization), it's not much of a good video platform.

Jumanoc,
Also many thanks for sharing
I think the device Colin is using between 6:02 and 10:10 is a iPhone...

Another thing,
Colin says that the Phantom Vision control transmitter will work in 5.8GHz instead of 2.4GHz in the "normal" Phantom.
If someone wants to exchange that transmitter for another model what alternatives are there in the market working in 5.8GHz?

Dns_Rui said:
Jumanoc,
No man, i refer to a white square shaped device that Collin moves first to the right at 6:02 and then beside phantom before take off at 10:10. Watch it again.. Im wondering it is a signal booster for wifi or something related with better telemetry for the demo?

jumanoc said:
Dns_Rui said:
Jumanoc,
No man, i refer to a white square shaped device that Collin moves first to the right at 6:02 and then beside phantom before take off at 10:10. Watch it again.. Im wondering it is a signal booster for wifi or something related with better telemetry for the demo?

Tks man :oops: ,
I've seen it now, i think it's a wifi signal booster. Also note at 13:07 when he handles the device that it's still wrapped in tape, so maybe not in its final form. Will this be included with the Vision?

Was there a third-party FPV on the first Phantom with the white SpiroNet antenna?
At 3:16, he takes the white box, probably a range extender repeater, out of the case and turns it on.
Wonder what capacity memory card it uses, 32 or 64?
Larger battery…woohoo
No prop nuts...woohoo

Unlike Colin, with all that multi-tasking, I'd never leave GPS mode !!

Seems like the smart idea would be to use 5.8GHz for the Phantom->base comms, then run low power wi-fi from the base to an iPhone. If your wifi signal only has to go a foot or three then you shouldn't see any interference with the control tx/rx.

I wonder if it will be compatible with V1 if you buy the PMU?

Certainly frustrating having just bought a Phantom to see this come out now.

The OS iphone system is all fine and dandy when you have wireless internet but i enjoy taking mine out into the sticks where there is no internet so out there it is useless as tits on a bull . I think i prefer to have a 5.8ghz video transmitter and receiver and see what my GOPRO Hero 3 black is seeing and who's quality is 5 times what the new DJI phantom camera system will be..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31