DJI Phantom Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for the rubber grommets that hold the camera case to the camera mount? I've checked several of the online stores with phantom accessories but no dice. TIA
The "Tree Trimmer" moniker is a result of losing transmitter signal while under a tree. :)

How far was the Phantom when you lost signal? Was the tree like a big obstacle and couldn't see the Phantom?
The signal should penetrate through a tree.

To answer your question, any dampener off eBay for gimbals should be fine.
Hell, some people replace them with ear plugs!!

I was doing a little practice flying in the back yard when lost connection with the phantom under a tree. I think it went into failsafe mode and tried to climb to altitude for return to home. I believe it was my own fault as I think the transmitter batteries were running low but hadn't received that indication from the transmitter. I had received the flashing yellow prior to takeoff, however, so I should have known better. What do they call it, the School of Hard Knocks? Only minor damage to the copter luckily.
I'm actually using an earplug now for the top position and doesn't work half bad but would like to get it back to stock. I'm under the impression that these grommets are smaller than what is used to hold the square tray type mount under the phantom but could be wrong. They wouldn't hold much weight.

Well you shouldn't lose connection in your backyard under a tree.

Transmitter batteries low, hmm.. Shouldn't still happen.

Did you set the Tx to FCC mode with the screw underneath?

People are reporting attaining in line of sight around 5000 feet with stock 5.8Ghx transmitter and receiver, I can't see some branches cutting out reception in your own backyard, unless if you are not in FCC mode and the batteries are virtually dead.

Maybe.

Yeah, the transmitter is set to FCC mode but that shouldn't make any difference as I was standing about 10 ft from the in-flight phantom. I checked the batteries at 1.35 VDC after hearing the receiver low battery alarm go off about 10 minutes after the incident. Is there any way to set the low battery alarm on the transmitter to, say, 1.4 VDC?
Are you saying that "Transmitter batteries low" wouldn't cause loss of signal? Thanks for all input. Much appreciated.

npalen said:
Yeah, the transmitter is set to FCC mode but that shouldn't make any difference as I was standing about 10 ft from the in-flight phantom. I checked the batteries at 1.35 VDC after hearing the receiver low battery alarm go off about 10 minutes after the incident. Is there any way to set the low battery alarm on the transmitter to, say, 1.4 VDC?
Are you saying that "Transmitter batteries low" wouldn't cause loss of signal? Thanks for all input. Much appreciated.

Most batteries(minus rechargeable batteries) are considered dead at 1.2volts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic