DJI Phantom Training Idea

Reaction score
Wish DJI had the info contained in the “Phantom Pilot Training Guide” in an interactive software program (like a video game) downloadable on their site. It would be handy to hook up the controller to my pc and practice maneuvers before moving on to the real thing. Probably not necessary for most people but I know it would be cool for newbies like me.

Actually that would be very useful for newbies and advanced flyers as well. It would be a great way to keep your flying skills sharp and/or improve your skills, or simply use it for those rainy days when you can't fly but you need your fix. lol

Perhaps DJI are thinking the same.
It looks like the latest version of the controller will have: ...
5. Trainer Port: Connect the remote control to the computer via the trainer port to run
simulation application to practice your flying skills

If I keep crashing mine, do you suppose DJI will let me use one and... Naw, nevermind. I'm still going to run into stuff. :roll:

Meta4 said:
Perhaps DJI are thinking the same.
It looks like the latest version of the controller will have: ...
5. Trainer Port: Connect the remote control to the computer via the trainer port to run
simulation application to practice your flying skills

I missed the trainer port on the upcoming controller, thanks for pointing that out. I actually had no idea about this port on the new controller when I posted. Hopefully DJI can write the flight sim for the current controller as well. I’m no software engineer but it seems DJI has half of the app already written in the RC System Assistant program.

I also like the idea of having an app for EPSON Moverio BT-200 smart glasses. Imagine Onsite training before a flight. Maybe even make the sim in 3d. :geek:

fastsmiles said:
I wonder if flyaways will be included in the simulation. :lol:
THAT is not as funny as it sounds, flyaway & VRS simulations on a computer would be far better than real life where the bird is never seen or heard of again, while you panic & flip switchs makeing it worse, if you can get familiar with those situations at home when it happens for real you would have an excellent chance of recovery, great idea!

Update:
WOW…I found a flight simulator for the Phantom. Here is the link to the free demo download:
http://www.rc-aerobatics.eu/index_e.html

It looks like exactly what I wanted. I just hope it will work with the DJI controller. :D

Why can they not use the controller we have now as a trainer on the pc using the usb lead , if the calibration
software can use it , is there any reason a simulation would not work through usb ?

Tried that RC sim someone posted above...
Lets you fly as Phantom... Its useless.... Perhaps the flight characteristics are correct for heli's, which it is primary for.. but flying the Phantom in there sim was crap.

If you ascend then go forward.. it just loops around in circles (and I had the controls figured out!!!). In real life my Phantom goes forward.. not loops involved.

I'm sure they might improve on it and what not not.. but as this stage... don't bother with that one.

Also only lets you fly for 2 mins I think due to it being a demo, which is fair enough... I think after 90 seconds I was done and clicked uninstall anyways.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.