DJI Phantom spying on FOX Oreilly factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
John Stossel on Oreilly factor tonight talks about how the phantom vision only costs $500, and although loud, can go very high out of sight and sound, and spy on people from high above. He mentions briefly later that the camera costs 700 extra. If I was a regular schmuck, I'd be very bias of a quadcopter flying around a neighborhood, beach or park after this show.

Pretty much all media reports on "drones" have swung that way. Stossel is a bright guy, but I don't think he's done his research as well on this one. I remember being a teenager and climbing up in my friend's tree-house, just to watch his neighbor's teenage daughters swimming and sunbathing. (I didn't use a telescope or anything, I wasn't a perv... <g>)
This is nothing new, but they seem to assume that the tech itself is evil. That's the mistake.

Stevo said:
John Stossel on Oreilly factor tonight talks about how the phantom vision only costs $500, and although loud, can go very high out of sight and sound, and spy on people from high above. He mentions briefly later that the camera costs 700 extra. If I was a regular schmuck, I'd be very bias of a quadcopter flying around a neighborhood, beach or park after this show.

The idiocy behind these shows...if a phantom is up high enough so it can not be seen or heard, people would look like ants, no chance of any recognition.

It is very disturbing to me though, that shows like these, create such a negative impression of our hobby. I am always concerned that I might have a bad experience with someone around where I fly, because of the impression he/she might have from these programs.

I had already started a thread with this same subject. I started mine prior to this one. I have a link that I spent a couple hours to video, upload to youtube. But I go to that thread this morning and gunslinger has chosen to lock that thread as there are duplicate threads. I understand wanting to keep the clutter down but I thought folks would want to see the video, but with that thread locked I am sure it will drop off the first page soon. Since the mods might want to not have a lot of duplicate threads I guess which is the best motor might not be as important to each of us then this news report which will infulence people opinions about we who fly quads. So, I am left to wonder if my efforts are not wanted here. I am verbose and I post a lot. Whatever

locked.jpg

This is a duplicate topic, please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20488

Wedeliver said:
I had already started a thread with this same subject. I started mine prior to this one. I have a link that I spent a couple hours to video, upload to youtube. But I go to that thread this morning and gunslinger has chosen to lock that thread as there are duplicate threads. I understand wanting to keep the clutter down but I thought folks would want to see the video, but with that thread locked I am sure it will drop off the first page soon. Since the mods might want to not have a lot of duplicate threads I guess which is the best motor might not be as important to each of us then this news report which will infulence people opinions about we who fly quads. So, I am left to wonder if my efforts are not wanted here. I am verbose and I post a lot. Whatever

Very Sorry... I inadvertently locked the wrong topic. Next time could you quietly PM me about this type of grievance, and not think we're out to get you, personally?

Appreciate it...
Thanks...
-slinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.