DJI Phantom Shakes Heavily with Gimbal?

Reaction score
The Phantom shakes like crazy when I attach a Sony QX-10 gimbal on it. I don't think it's the gimbal because if I hold the Phantom or the gimbal in my hands, the footage is nice and stable. But in the air, it starts shaking. And not like jello-vibration shaking, I mean shaking like a dog that just got out of the water.

Some info:

- 9-inch CF props(Doesn't this increase payload?)
- Stock batteries
- No prop guards
- Gimbal is advertised to be 195g without the camera(Steadymaker QX-10 gimbal)
- Camera is 105g(Sony QX-10)

What's the problem? Is it too heavy for the Phantom?

I want to do some math but I have no idea how much the FC40 weighs with the battery and without the stock FC40 camera. And I don't have a scale so I can't prove if the gimbal really is 195g.

It will be more ponderous with it attached but can carry that easily if your weights are correct.
The stock props would flex a bit more which might help smooth it out.
You could try the larger props for the P2.
You should also be looking at the rubber gimbal shock absorbers - either stiffer or softer ones might help.

Make sure the wires on the gimble have room to move with the gimble, they must be free to move, my gimble was great on the bench, but had shakes in the air, it was the wires, I cut the zip tie ,letting the wires free stopped it,hover it close ,so you can get a good look at the gimble ,it's prob,the gimble shaking, good luck

I figured out the solution. I had to decrease the gain on the motors. I still have to fine tune it, but at least the shake is gone. There's some jello, but all I gotta do is balance the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj