DJI Phantom Retracts

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member here and a first gen Phantom user. I am new to the whole RC Drone world but I'd like to build a retractable landing gear for my phantom using this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23483

The thing that I'm not sure of is where would I plug the pin cable into the naza-m? F1 and F2? Right now I am using F2 for my gimbal tilt using the lever on the bottom of my SR6 radio.

I'd appreciate some suggestion wheter this can or cant be done

Thank you

You won't be able to use the retracts AND control your gimbal, the Phantom only has enough channels for one or the other. If you decide to give up the pitch control on the gimbal, you'll need to get a servo cable Y-connector to connect both leads from the retracts to the F2 port on the NAZA.

OI Photography said:
You won't be able to use the retracts AND control your gimbal, the Phantom only has enough channels for one or the other. If you decide to give up the pitch control on the gimbal, you'll need to get a servo cable Y-connector to connect both leads from the retracts to the F2 port on the NAZA.

Is there any way to use the S2 IOC channels?

2trickpony said:
OI Photography said:

Is there any way to use the S2 IOC channels?

I've never seen any way to pass the S2 switch through to the output ports on the NAZA.

What about using the F1 channel? The NAZA manual says F1 is for the gimbal roll and F2 is for the gimbal pitch. If I'm using only the gimbal pitch (F2), shouldn't I be able to use the open F1? But again I'm pretty new at these stuff so I might be wrong :?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 2.35.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 2.35.28 AM.png
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,983
Guitarplayer, that's what 2trickpony was asking about above...but unfortunately there's no way to pass control from your Transmitter out through the F1 port on the NAZA. The port will control Roll on the gimbal if you want to use it for that instead of the gimbal's own board, but you can't do anything to manually control that channel.

BTW, the manual you're looking at is for the NAZA Lite. The one you need for the NAZA in the Phantom 1 is this: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .24_en.pdf

And here's the advanced manual for the P1 if you don't have it already: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.7_en.pdf

Do you know what the switch circled in red in the photo controls? I am currently using the one circled in yellow to control my gimbal tilt.

Attachments

• transmitter.jpg
    transmitter.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 839
That's the pot that controls output mode on the controller (FCC/CE), which I believe is non-functional in the P1. Either way, the Phantom's Tx and Rx only have 7 channels so you're kind of stuck with that. If you need more output options, you'll need to move to aftermarket gear.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4