DJI Phantom Pro 3 Litchi 32000 Foott Flight at Night Time DBS Mod

Nice footage.

What were the camera settings and flying height and aircraft speed?

That was an awesome flight.

Using Litchi Waypoints and POI Elevation varied from 130f to 380f at about 25mph

3... 2......1

Popcorn

Seriously.. That was flippen awesome.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Are you using a tracking device just in case or are you butt nekid with this flight?

I used to love watching videos like this. I'd think, "wow, that's awesome! I have to get one of those phantom 3's and that Litchi app". But now I actually spent the money on one. It's ruined these videos for me because I spend the whole time thinking about the tremendous anxiety I'd have sending my phantom out on it's own like that.

But I'll have to get used to it if I plan on adding aerial footage to my video services I currently offer. Plus I have two daughters that will be dating and driving in about 10 years. So, if I can't get past the separation anxiety with my phantom, how will I handle teenage daughters?

Shoot the boyfriends on site. Let the Phantom go out. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Shoot the boyfriends on site. Let the Phantom go out. Winner winner chicken dinner.
I'm constantly trying to figure out which daughter is gonna be the one that'll be responsible for me going to jail after causing great harm to someone's son.

Using Litchi Waypoints and POI Elevation varied from 130f to 380f at about 25mph
What type of mission was this? Was it straight line or curved? The second half of the mission had pauses in it. Did you program pictures at those stops? Did you hit pause to stop at those locations? Was it manual gimbal control or custom? Lastly, do you happen to have polar pro light kit on the legs? I thought I saw red bleed on a leg in one shot. I don't think it's the safest flight to try but it was cool to watch. I would only suggest, having done litchi flights too, that you default no lower than 160',especially when you're that far out. It still looks low in height but it's usually higher than most obstacles you'll come across. At 130' up that far out, I would have never been comfortable knowing for sure I'd clear everything. And a couple times, you almost didn't.

that was awesome ! being a total newb, I must say that I would be so paranoid sending my P3 out there at night like that, I would be so worried that It would crash and I would lose site of it etc, etc etc... LOL Of course, I'm in the middle of nowhere and would be even more concerned about hitting tree's out here ! and BTW, what is Litchi ?

Any chance you can make the mission public on Litchi Mission Hub so we can look at the details? I'm slowly building up to flights of this magnitude and seeing how you control it from waypoint to waypoint would really help me out. Awesome flight!

I used to love watching videos like this. I'd think, "wow, that's awesome! I have to get one of those phantom 3's and that Litchi app". But now I actually spent the money on one. It's ruined these videos for me because I spend the whole time thinking about the tremendous anxiety I'd have sending my phantom out on it's own like that.

But I'll have to get used to it if I plan on adding aerial footage to my video services I currently offer. Plus I have two daughters that will be dating and driving in about 10 years. So, if I can't get past the separation anxiety with my phantom, how will I handle teenage daughters?
You can always lock them in a closet. 100% success rate! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That was an awesome flight. Litchi is an awesome program and so easy to use. I used Litchi the other day to do a waypoint flyover of Panama City, Florida's old Municipal Airport. I lost connection at about a mile out but of course, Litchi continued on with the flight plan and made its way home. I have to assume, Phelix, the pilot of that great video, experienced the same thing I did. I don't believe he had connection during a good portion of that flight, especially with all the low altitude flyby's he did. Do you all think we as pilots should take advantage of the power of Litchi, being able to complete missions without the pilot being connected? And then patiently wait for the A/C to enter back into range so we can reconnect and bring her home. Love the video. Got to know your video settings and if any filters were used.

Reactions: phelix
What type of mission was this? Was it straight line or curved? The second half of the mission had pauses in it. Did you program pictures at those stops? Did you hit pause to stop at those locations? Was it manual gimbal control or custom? Lastly, do you happen to have polar pro light kit on the legs? I thought I saw red bleed on a leg in one shot. I don't think it's the safest flight to try but it was cool to watch. I would only suggest, having done litchi flights too, that you default no lower than 160',especially when you're that far out. It still looks low in height but it's usually higher than most obstacles you'll come across. At 130' up that far out, I would have never been comfortable knowing for sure I'd clear everything. And a couple times, you almost didn't.

This was just a waypoint mission. I used straight lines instead of curved and I am using POI and letting the system automatically manage the camera and gimbal. I never touched it with my controller once. I just programmed the mission set the controller down hit launch and it did its own thing. Comes back every time like clockwork! I usually keep it at about 160 or more however I completely forgot that on the back side of the mall there is a hill that goes up about 30-40 feet. So it got much closer than I anticipated which is why its good to always remember not to go lower than 160' :)

Any chance you can make the mission public on Litchi Mission Hub so we can look at the details? I'm slowly building up to flights of this magnitude and seeing how you control it from waypoint to waypoint would really help me out. Awesome flight!

Sure, I'll try to do this tonight. I haven't done it yet before so I'll need to get it off of my phone.

that was awesome ! being a total newb, I must say that I would be so paranoid sending my P3 out there at night like that, I would be so worried that It would crash and I would lose site of it etc, etc etc... LOL Of course, I'm in the middle of nowhere and would be even more concerned about hitting tree's out here ! and BTW, what is Litchi ?

Litchi is (I think) the best app to use for flying missions with the DJI.. I don't ever use the DJI Go app. Only find myself ever using litchi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers