DJI Phantom 4 cases: Nanuk vs GoProfessional Compact

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
I am new to the world of drones, but an experienced photographer. For my upcoming international trip I need a hard case to take the P4 as check-in baggage.

I ordered the Nanuk case first. Pros: Very well built, sturdy, can transport craft with propellers attached, variety of colours. Cons: Larger than I expected, iPad Pro 9.7 or similar sized tablet does not fit in the foam cutout (what is Nanuk thinking?).

I returned the Nanuk and bought the GoProfessional Compact case. Pros: Very well built, sturdy, compact, can fit iPad Pro 9.7" sized tablet, metal fortified lock holes. Cons: None that I can see, for my use. It can transport the craft with props, but I wouldn't take the chance. In any case, the props are so easy to mount/unmount on the P4.

For me the choice was obvious: GoProfessional. The overall compact size and the wider tablet cutout were the deciders. The price is almost the same (around $210). I bought the Nanuk from BHPhotovideo and the GoProfessional directly from the company. You won't go wrong with either, but personal preferences will dictate choice.

Attachments

• GP.JPG
    GP.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 555
  • Nanuk.JPG
    Nanuk.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 486
Can you comment on the quality of the foam in the Nanuk vs. the Go Professional case?

When I compare the foam in an old Nanuk P3 case to my Go Professional P4 case, the difference is night and day. The foam in the Go Professional case is top notch and cut to perfection.

Can you comment on the quality of the foam in the Nanuk vs. the Go Professional case?

When I compare the foam in an old Nanuk P3 case to my Go Professional P4 case, the difference is night and day. The foam in the Go Professional case is top notch and cut to perfection.

Good question. The foam in the GoProfessional case looks to be of superior quality to my eyes. Does that translate to better quality and durability? Probably. By how much? I don't know.

One other thing: the cushioning receptacle for the gimbal/lens is fixed in the GoProfessiobal case (a good thing), it isn't fixed in the Nanuk.

One other thing: the cushioning receptacle for the gimbal/lens is fixed in the GoProfessiobal case (a good thing)
I unfixed mine :) I always keep my gimbal lock on, so it was not needed.

I unfixed mine :) I always keep my gimbal lock on, so it was not needed.

Would you recommend keeping the lock on? My thinking was, keep the lock on during transport on flights. But on the ground the cushion of the case should work fine.

Getting that lock back in is a little clumsy in design.

Since it has that cushion in the bottom, I think it would probably be okay without the lock if the case isn't being handled roughly. I don't like to take chances with that kind of stuff though. It only takes me a few seconds to put the lock on, so I just do it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4