DJI phantom 3 tablet holder

Reaction score
Hello I am new to the drone world I recently got my dji phantom 3 standard. The tablet holder it came with fits my phone perfectly but not my iPad mini. I have been searching online for a new one but they all take a month to deliver. I have seen some people have some type of attachmenton their iPad for the factory tablet holder to work on their iPad. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get one. Or the best place to buy a new tablet holder and get it with in a reasonable amount of time thank you

-Urban Cowboy-

47adbe213ad2a4ae8fc8759cca491860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It looks like there are versions of that holder on Amazon now, for about $20.

I modded by remote with the Inspire 1 tablet holder, which cost double that (the knockoffs weren't as readily available at the time).

To do either one right you need to drill a hole in your controller and use a nut insert. Instruction and nut inserts are available here: HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller | Phantom Help

It's super solid. I'm sure the knockoffs are, too.

I admit. I didn't do it "right":confused:
I didn't use the nutsert
Drilled a small clearance hole and threaded the one end into the plastic and the other end is screwed onto the existing metal tab,
Solid as a rock.
I rarely use the P3S so I don't know of any long term effects of my cheapness:rolleyes:

I use a iPad mini and I ended up using strips of Velcro. You never have to worry about it coming lose from the controller. Cost me less than $3.00 and no drilling required.
You will never have to worry about your iPad coming loose.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
(See pic above). On the same subject,....With the iPad on top of the P4 RC, the assembly is very top heavy and will fall over when walking unless supported. I used Velcro stuck to the top iPad lock down and attached a Velcro strap to the neck lanyard with a tie-wrap. This arrangement easily supports the top-heavy iPad when both hands are otherwise busy. Of course, when flying, I remove the Velcro strap from the iPad top hold down and secure it on the neck lanyard stretched to the full length.
See pic above.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic