Dji phantom 3 stock camera filter

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering is okay to fly without the stock filter on my phantom 3? Meaning can I remove the stock filter take my drone up an see how many stops I need for correct exposure then bring it back down an put on the correct ND FILTER for the shot.

Quick lesson
The "OEM filter" on the Phantom is simply a UV filter. It doesn't do anything much to the final shot. With it, your lens is protected again scratches and bug hits. It won't change your settings but it will protect the camera lens. Some ND, polarizers and special effects filters usually snap on over the OEM UV filter (with exceptions that require removal of the UV and then screw on). In any case you can simply fly with the UV, check your settings, and then figure the best ND filter to get your SS into the best range.

Quick lesson
The "OEM filter" on the Phantom is simply a UV filter. It doesn't do anything much to the final shot. With it, your lens is protected again scratches and bug hits. It won't change your settings but it will protect the camera lens. Some ND, polarizers and special effects filters usually snap on over the OEM UV filter (with exceptions that require removal of the UV and then screw on). In any case you can simply fly with the UV, check your settings, and then figure the best ND filter to get your SS into the best range.

Thanks for the info broski [emoji1488]!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl