DJI Phantom 3 Standard DOA

Reaction score
I just got my P3S a few weeks ago and love it. I have logged 20+ flights with no problem. My Friend just ordered one last week and received it today. He got it out and went by the instructions included. It wouldn't connect the Wi-Fi at all. We tried all the troubleshoot guides I could find available online and in the Manual. He did contact DJI and tried all diagnostics with no avail. I was just curious how common this is ? This was a brand new quad by the why. DJI has requested he send the unit in for repair or send back to vendor he purchased from. I have been looking at this forum for a while. I haven't notice any DOA's.

It happens. Luck of the draw. I'm sure he'll be taken care of even though it's a pita.

It happens. Luck of the draw. I'm sure he'll be taken care of even though it's a pita.

I didn't think it was very common. Just back luck on this one I guess.

Mine was DOA when I got it 4 months ago. I messed with it for 2 weeks, and finally got info on how to fix it from youtube. It wouldn't power on, turn a prop, or anything. It was a software issue. When I accessed the internet to load the app, I couldn't load it on the drone, because I was hooked to wifi from the net, not the drone. It took severing wifi to the net, then hooking up to the drone, then going back to the net, then to the drone again. When I was done it was like a miracle, props started, camera worked, etc. I contacted dji several times in those first two weeks. No reply.

Mine was DOA when I got it 4 months ago. I messed with it for 2 weeks, and finally got info on how to fix it from youtube. It wouldn't power on, turn a prop, or anything. It was a software issue. When I accessed the internet to load the app, I couldn't load it on the drone, because I was hooked to wifi from the net, not the drone. It took severing wifi to the net, then hooking up to the drone, then going back to the net, then to the drone again. When I was done it was like a miracle, props started, camera worked, etc. I contacted dji several times in those first two weeks. No reply.

Well the drone powers up and he gets lights. We can never get the SSID to show up on the phone. We tried multiple IPhones. We went through the Reset of the SSID and Password also. It is like the quad has no Wi-Fi signal at all.

Well the drone powers up and he gets lights. We can never get the SSID to show up on the phone. We tried multiple IPhones. We went through the Reset of the SSID and Password also. It is like the quad has no Wi-Fi signal at all.
I guess that differs from my situation. My drone came with absolutely no software installed. It wouldn't do squat when I got it. Also I'm using an android. My buddy uses an iPhone, and its completely different.

Can't hurt to try to do a firmware upgrade...

I think that was my problem. Maybe my phantom sat for awhile after manufacture, and new upgrades came while it was in the box, so when I got it, it was screwed from the get go. I think that's why I had to maneuver between wifi and internet to get it going. Even had the bird itself hooked to the computer via usb cable. I was really outta my element.....lol

How do I go about updating the firmware through the app if I can't connect with the quad ? On my personal quad when I first powerd up and connected to it I was prompted to do the firmware update.

How do I go about updating the firmware through the app if I can't connect with the quad ? On my personal quad when I first powerd up and connected to it I was prompted to do the firmware update.

download the Firmware from DJI to your MicroSD card, Power drone off. Insert card into drone. Power drone on. It will update. For the RC, I believe you can connect it directly to your computer?

download the Firmware from DJI to your MicroSD card, Power drone off. Insert card into drone. Power drone on. It will update. For the RC, I believe you can connect it directly to your computer?

Do you know any place on web that has that file ? In the DJI site under downloads for the Standard I don't see any firmware. Only manuals and reference guides.

Do you know any place on web that has that file ? In the DJI site under downloads for the Standard I don't see any firmware. Only manuals and reference guides.

oh. sorry, I think my instructions are for the Pro!

The WIFI (SSID) comes from the remote, if you both have standards did you try the remote that you know works with the bird that doesn't.
Either way you have to send something in.

The WIFI (SSID) comes from the remote, if you both have standards did you try the remote that you know works with the bird that doesn't.
Either way you have to send something in.

He is 25 miles away from me now, but we should try that. I believe the Tx has a reset on the back. I was gonna try that.

Just do the rebinding of your remote to his bird, try the procedure on your own first. But if nobody can see his remote, the remote is bad.
Turning on your remote only, no app and no bird and you can connect to SSID.
On an android there is a cool app, "Wifi Analyzer" (Just for fun)

Just do the rebinding of your remote to his bird, try the procedure on your own first. But if nobody can see his remote, the remote is bad.
Turning on your remote only, no app and no bird and you can connect to SSID.
On an android there is a cool app, "Wifi Analyzer" (Just for fun)

We tired all of that. We also reset the WiFi on the Tx. He can control the gimbel from the Tx, but that's it. It just won't display it's SSID at all. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I guess it's off to DJI on an RMA tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic