DJI Phantom 3 Professional: Attempting to diagnose gimbal issue!

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Had a search around but couldn't find a thread with this specific problem. I popped a post up about it on /r/dji and was recommended to repost it on this forum. So, here we go!

My name is Craig, and I have a spastic gimbal.

My friend had his first proper crash a couple of days ago and has asked me to have a look at his Phantom 3. I'm pretty sure that the pitch motor in the gimbal is shot, but the whole assembly is doing some very weird things on startup. I've taken a video:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd like to avoid replacing it motor by motor/logic board by logic board if at all possible! :)

This happens when any of the arm control boards causes issues (or motors, or flat wire).

We currently don't have any way of easily diagnosing the issue. Such a way can be developed, it's just that noone who fixed this issue shared any data which would help in that.

It is hard to determine where the issue is without replacing boards one by one. This could be done by analysing serial communication between the STM32 microcontroller (which controls the whole gimbal) and Piccolo uCs (which control each of the arms). As of now we don't have any such communication dumps.

Cheers for the response, quaddamage. Will have a chat with him and see if he wants to try a piecemeal replacement. Seems to be easy enough to get the motors and flex, so that'd be the starting point!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl