DJI Phantom 3 New Firmware 1.3.20 & DJI GO Are the Problems Fixed ?

The 1.3.20 is not bad, but I think my P3A was a little bit more stable with 1.1.9. I have delete the DJI folder and after that I instal DJI GO version 2.01. The version 2.01 is stable, no crash. Still there is lag/suttering in live video, it is not smooth.

Updated RC and aircraft to 1.3.20 with no problem. Running DJI GO 2.0.2 on LG G2 and the stutter is there but there is an improvement with regard to DJI Pilot 1.2.0

First fly today with all updated firmware and app and everything was fine apart from 'No Signal' which appeared momentarily.

So the improvement for me was a bit of alleviation concerning live view video stutter. Now it seems that the video runs smoothly until a momentarily froze up and then again is running smoothly. It is like a buffer is getting full and while resetting you get a minor froze up on the live video.

The firmware updated ok but the VPS is less steady than before and my bird drifts around quite a lot now. That pisses me off because I fly in tight quarters sometimes and I don't need it drifting into a bush or tree when I'm not looking for two seconds. Thanks again DJI.

Updated RC and aircraft to 1.3.20 with no problem. Running DJI GO 2.0.2 on LG G2 and the stutter is there but there is an improvement with regard to DJI Pilot 1.2.0

First fly today with all updated firmware and app and everything was fine apart from 'No Signal' which appeared momentarily.

So the improvement for me was a bit of alleviation concerning live view video stutter. Now it seems that the video runs smoothly until a momentarily froze up and then again is running smoothly. It is like a buffer is getting full and while resetting you get a minor froze up on the live video.
I think you are right about buffer is getting full. Like I have, first 10 min flight is better, then is start to frozen...

Updated everything on Tuesday. No issues upgrading the P3P (straight from 1.1.9), batteries, and TX via USB/SD adapter (remote type A). DJI Go has been auto-updated on my tablet. Had only time for one flight. Tested Autostart, Autolanding (nice and soft!). Video at times a little stuttering and a little lag on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 pro.
I was a little concerned with this being my first update but it went smooth with no hickups.
I am looking forward to the next FW update with some of the functionality promised.
P3P flies as smooth as it did under FW 1.1.9

The firmware updated ok but the VPS is less steady than before and my bird drifts around quite a lot now. That pisses me off because I fly in tight quarters sometimes and I don't need it drifting into a bush or tree when I'm not looking for two seconds. Thanks again DJI.

Does it drift in a circle? If so, do an IMU calibration.

Concerning the cycle drift try this:

Turn on Rc and the turn on aircraft at the exact point that you will fly. For example do not turn on the aircraft on a table and then locate it on at the point of take off. So you position the aircraft at the take off spot and then you turn it on. After this you will calibrate the compass but try to do the process at a very low speed. Do not rush the circles of calibration.

After several days of flying, I've had no issues at all with the newest app and firmware (even the mysterious 1.4 for Android users with the A-model RC). From reading various posts here, it seems that they have fixed several previous issues. Those who had mobile-device issues still have some of them, but those seem to be device-dependent.

I like envisionabove's comment "... and truthfully they [all issues] will never be [fixed]." This is not military- or industrial-grade machinery. During the early days of PCs, every OS upgrade fixed one thing and broke three more. But we loved them and stuck with it!

Go flying. Take great pictures!! :)
Having worked on military grade equipment, I can say that it had ongoing bugs and issues too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj