DJI Phantom 3 Distance Test | Professional

Reaction score
Check out how far I flew my DJI Phantom 3 Professional! Maybe a new record without a modified remote?
Turks and Caicos Islands

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice video. Here's one of mine that was my record at the time, a hair over 16,000'. This is completely stock with no loss of control or video, flying at 130m. I did another flight the same distance at 40m up and others have gone further without modifications.

Reactions: g00se and tvckz
Nice video. Here's one of mine that was my record at the time, a hair over 16,000'. This is completely stock with no loss of control or video, flying at 130m. I did another flight the same distance at 40m up and others have gone further without modifications.

Any tips on how to increase distance?

How did you get that overlay data on your video?

Also for distance sake I guess I'll throw mine in here. 3.5 miles with modded controller, 2 miles without.

Reactions: tvckz
Awesome videos.... I'd be scared over the ocean but I'd probably still do it lol

From the few range testers I've talked with, the scary part is the wind speeds by the oceans/lakes, not the actual water :p

You guys are going to get find in the end. Most countries are coming out with stricter laws and will find the laws governing fpv basically the same in most places

Fpv you need a spotter and must be within line of sight and 2km+ is well out of line of sight. You guys better watch what your publishing. What your doing with strict ruling will be illegal and have the authorities knocking at your door with a heavy fine.

Think your all foolish publishing this kind of activity.

You guys are letting the author is your breaking the law and posting evidence of your illegal activity. When the strict rules come in they are going to dish out fines to you.

Your not being smart at all but stupid.

If your going to do this type or illegal practice then don't publish it.

Last edited:
You guys are going to get find in the end. Most countries are coming out with stricter laws and will find the laws governing fpv basically the same in most places

Fpv you need a spotter and must be within line of sight and 2km+ is well out of line of sight. You guys better watch what your publishing. What your doing with strict ruling will be illegal and have the authorities knocking at your door with a heavy fine.

Think your all foolish publishing this kind of activity.

You guys are letting the author is your breaking the law and posting evidence of your illegal activity. When the strict rules come in they are going to dish out fines to you.

Your not being smart at all but stupid.

If your going to do this type or illegal practice then don't publish it.

There is nothing wrong, unsafe, or illegal about those flights. Tame your paranoia elsewhere

Sure I don't see anything wrong with it, buy the law soon will, and the fpv rules seem pretty standard.

FPV flying you must have a spotter with you can must fly Los only, no screen or optical add to extend this distance. Think you need to look up your Countries regulations into fpv, you have I assumed never looked into it. At the moment long distance fpv is technically illegal, but will soon be written in concrete law.

Personally don't see it on the phantom as being unsafe as onscreen even at 2km, you always know the way home as there are visual aids. Much safer than many other long range FPV systems.

Also this long distance fpv, put the whole fpv at risk of a total ban and I would think the phantom 3 will be the last fpv phantom as you guys are going to get fpv banned for good, unless dji get wind and wind your distances down which could happen.

Just because you car can do 220km an hour does not mean you can do it.

Put it this way, as it is a law that cannot be enforced yet. Most countries will soon see them written as law so will give the FAA,CAA to hand it over to the police. At the moment. The FAA have no real power to do anything, but countries like Australia and New Zealand without the new laws in as yet are being prosecuted already and fines issued.

Put it this way, as it is a law that cannot be enforced yet. Most countries will soon see them written as law so will give the FAA,CAA to hand it over to the police. At the moment. The FAA have no real power to do anything, but countries like Australia and New Zealand without the new laws in as yet are being prosecuted already and fines issued.
Are you making these laws watching us flying or what? Mister Paranoia did not get his pills in the morning - that is what it is. I also had a conversation with long-rangers. Yeah I do not like long ranges either, but what are you taking about. What laws, when... man. chill. You have 284 posts and 7 likes. Think about it.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Well it shows your all turning a blind eye to what's coming. Nothing wrong with long range, don't brag and boast about it, your helping put another nail in the coffin, just like many go beyond 400 feet and don't think anything will happen. The FAA ' S aim is to get our hobby band and your giving them more ammunition to ban us outright.

In Australia and New Zealand that I know of a fee August 1st you cannot legally fly fpv without a spotter and out of sight long range FPV is totally illegal si risking heavy fines.

I think you need to look into your Countries laws propose else you could be risking fines. Surely you all must know this year laws get much stricter for us all.

I am not saying don't do it, but don't boast and brag about it online. Depending on where you live you could be of soon to be at risk from the authorities.

Everyone just turns a blind eye, and think nothing will happen. Typical attitude today.

Reactions: TonG
med_gallery_56225_1038_62827.jpg

Reactions: wethepeople
Sure I don't see anything wrong with it, buy the law soon will, and the fpv rules seem pretty standard.

FPV flying you must have a spotter with you can must fly Los only, no screen or optical add to extend this distance. Think you need to look up your Countries regulations into fpv, you have I assumed never looked into it. At the moment long distance fpv is technically illegal, but will soon be written in concrete law.

Personally don't see it on the phantom as being unsafe as onscreen even at 2km, you always know the way home as there are visual aids. Much safer than many other long range FPV systems.

Also this long distance fpv, put the whole fpv at risk of a total ban and I would think the phantom 3 will be the last fpv phantom as you guys are going to get fpv banned for good, unless dji get wind and wind your distances down which could happen.

Just because you car can do 220km an hour does not mean you can do it.

With respect to the United States laws there are none it's not illegal to fly in any way shape form or manner a person sees fit. Anything on the books now are guidelines and not laws. Other counties though have their own regulation which is difference from region to region.

I believe the USA this year it becomes more than regulation. It becomes law so watch out. And laws are already being worked on through your government.

Your also in many parts already very restricted where you can fly. I believe lots of parks you cannot fly in in certain areas.

@denodan, can you take your tin foil hat fears somewhere else and stop derailing these threads?

Thanks bud.

Found this concerning the rules for fpv in different countries.

https://www.pylo.co/news/265/list-laws-and-regulations-about-fpv-and-rc-aircraft-various-countries

If your posting long range stuff in countries that allow it, no restrictions then bragging is fine, if not think again and don't hold up a big sign for all to see your doing illegal fpv.
I'll be brief, you are incorrect in most of what you posted, something that is not illegal is legal, a person can't be held accountable for their current actions if they are made illegal in the future and the list you posted... complete garbage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.