Dji phantom 3 advanced and micro card

Reaction score
Hello this card of my photo it's ok with my phantom ?
657fdbe674eb925efc1e93967eacf0fd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems some cards are pretty conservative. I have U1 cards and 4K records just fine on my P3P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

ya them cards seem to work ok But them free card reader doggel they give away with them blow. I have a few and out of the 4 I have 2 of them I have to some times try putting the card in 4 or 5 times to be able to see it and connect to the card.

all that is required for the P3P to record 4k is a class 10 card
No. Not all class 10 cards are created the same, you have to make sure the card can handle 60Mbps write speed (which is the maximum video bitrate in both P3P and P3A now) without error. A few users of the older class 10 Sandisk Ultra micro SD card have been getting error when they tried to record 60Mbps 4K video with their GoPro Hero 4 Black cam.

No. Not all class 10 cards are created the same, you have to make sure the card can handle 60Mbps write speed (which is the maximum video bitrate in both P3P and P3A now) without error. A few users of the older class 10 Sandisk Ultra micro SD card have been getting error when they tried to record 60Mbps 4K video with their GoPro Hero 4 Black cam.
Nope, you are wrong. The DJI website says this:
"Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" , this is the page I got the info from: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

The reason why it doesn't have to write at the same speed that the aircraft can record at is because the aircraft saves the video and writes to the card at the same time so there is a little bit of a buffer. I use this card that only has a 20mbps write speed and it works just fine.

We are talking about the P3P, not the Hero 4. Class 10 is class 10 with the P3P PERIOD!

Nope, you are wrong. The DJI website says this:
"Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" , this is the page I got the info from: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

The reason why it doesn't have to write at the same speed that the aircraft can record at is because the aircraft saves the video and writes to the card at the same time so there is a little bit of a buffer. I use this card that only has a 20mbps write speed and it works just fine.

Class 10 cards should work fine as long as they are ALSO UHS-1. UHS-1 is a way of classifying cards that are 'beyond' Class 10. Certain C10 cards may work if they have a high enough write speed depending on your Phantom model.

EDIT (in case you don't believe me): About Speed Class and Benefit - SD Association
Also, a UHS-3 card would perform better in your P3A or P3P but UHS-1 should be just fine ;)

Last edited:
Class 10 cards should work fine as long as they are ALSO UHS-1. UHS-1 is a way of classifying cards that are 'beyond' Class 10. Certain C10 cards may work if they have a high enough write speed depending on your Phantom model.

EDIT (in case you don't believe me): About Speed Class and Benefit - SD Association
Also, a UHS-3 card would perform better in your P3A or P3P but UHS-1 should be just fine ;)
"Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" It does not have to be class 10 and UHS-1, it clearly states on the DJI website "Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" so either or but not both are required

actually any card that is UHS-1 is already higher than Class 10 (similar to how USB 3.0 is also automatically 2.0)

actually any card that is UHS-1 is already higher than Class 10 (similar to how USB 3.0 is also automatically 2.0)
You are contradicting yourself, in your post above you said

"Class 10 cards should work fine as long as they are ALSO UHS-1. UHS-1 is a way of classifying cards that are 'beyond' Class 10. Certain C10 cards may work if they have a high enough write speed depending on your Phantom model."
So I guess you are saying you agree with me now? ANY Class 10 card up to 64gb will work as per the DJI Website: Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

IN SHORT @ILIAS1976 that card will work just fine

No, not any class 10 card.
Certain C10 cards may work if they have a high enough write speed depending on your Phantom model.

I specifically said SOME C10 cards. Class 10 starts at 10MBps. Some C10 cards were made with write speeds higher than 10MBps, but are not called UHS-1 for whatever reason. I never said that C10 cards won't work.

Maybe your card is bad then, ANY CLASS 10 WILL WORK WITH THE P3P!

My point is that the DJI Website says "Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required" So any class 10 will work for the P3P, it does not have write speeds of 60mbps. I use this card that only has 20mbps write speed and it works flawlessly: Samsung - EVO+ 64GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Red/White
Get your freaking megabits per second and megabytes per second correct!!!

That Samsung EVO+ has maximum 20 megabytes per second write speed, which multiply by 8 equal to 160 megabits per second.
P3P has maximum video bitrate of 60 megabits per second, which is 7.5 megabytes per second.

:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31