Dji phantom 3 4k camera onto a phantom 2 vision+ gimbal

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 4k p3 camera will slot onto a p2v+ gimbal? Will the ribbon cable connector be the same? ( Im just talking about the camera itself that is slotted onto the rod poking out of the gimbal with 1 screw). If not the how about just swapping the lens from 1 circuit board to the other? I have the option to buy a 4k p3 complete camera and gimbal but the gimbal is damaged so i wondered if i could use part of it on my p2v+.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 4k p3 camera will slot onto a p2v+ gimbal? Will the ribbon cable connector be the same? ( Im just talking about the camera itself that is slotted onto the rod poking out of the gimbal with 1 screw). If not the how about just swapping the lens from 1 circuit board to the other? I have the option to buy a 4k p3 complete camera and gimbal but the gimbal is damaged so i wondered if i could use part of it on my p2v+.
I don't think it will work with your vision don't even bother

Reaction score
To further clarify why I don't feel you should bother is as follows. The camera is meant to be used with and operated from the dji pilot app. The Phantom Vision uses a different app and is made to recognize and control a completely different camera and firmware. Also even if that wasn't an obstacle already the CA!era itself is a different size and weight than the Phantom Vision plus it would not be calibrated to function on it. If you want a 4k camera for your vision plus there are ways of using a zenmuse gimbal and gopro with it thogh you won't have manual camera control.

Reaction score
Ok. I will stay clear of it. Thanks for detailed explanation.

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
It definitely won't work on the P2V+.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bone4Drone