DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ vs DJI Phantom 2 with FPV kit

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a complete beginner, no experience with RC craft or quadcopters.

I would like to get a DJI rig with FPV.

I've looked at the Phantom 2 Vision+, which looks great, but see some negative points raised on the forum.

I've also looked at something like this:

http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phanto ... 1249-p.asp

- which comes with a Phantom 2, Zenmuse HD-3D, Immersion Rc 600mw 5.8Ghz Video Transmitter , Black Pearl Diversity 7" Monitor, and iOSD Mini.

I already have a Go Pro 3 Black. Would I need anything else with this setup? I see some people using different a different antenna, for example?

I'd really appreciate any thoughts / advice you have on these two options for a beginner.

Thanks

Darren.

If you already have the GoPro then definitely go with the P2 than the P2Vision+.

The only thing you will want with that setup is what you mentioned--different antenna. I'd recommend the three antennas I use (listed on my signature).

Edit: Just make sure you order the correct adapter antenna (SMA or RP-SMA)

Honestly, if you're new, I'd go with the Vision 2+. I'm new and I originally bought a DJI, gimbal and FPV setup. Problem is, it's a PITA to get everything to work properly together. And there is (somewhat) limited info readily available on how to get it all to work together. I'd get one thing figured out and 2 other problems would pop up. I finally bought a Vision 2+ and it's great. I can concentrate on flying the thing rather than trying to figure out how to install everything and get it to work together well.

If you like DIY projects then, yeah, you may enjoy trying to get everything to work together, however, if you just want to fly, then get the 2+. You won't regret it.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean the assembly is a PITA, or using the assembled kit? I've found a supplier that will do all the assembly for me, and ship a unit that is ready to fly.

Regards

Darren.

Hi,

Quick update: I went for the P2 with H3-3D in the end from firstpersonview.co.uk. They were very helpful, and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a UK supplier.

I found some very helpful videos on You Tube from someone called "ThatHPIGuy". He showed how to fit the H3-3D step by step.

The only tricky part of the whole process is getting the tiny screws out of the ends of the rotor arms. They have some locktight stuff on them that makes it almost impossible to get out.

I broke two screwdrivers and rounded the heads on a couple of screws before I got them out.

My advice to anyone taking their P2 apart the first time is to make sure you have the right screwdriver from the start.

Marionville Models (Marionville Multirotors on YouTube) have a video on You Tube showing their recommended screwdriver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBlrZpWNnhs

It's at 1:28.

Regards

Darren.

Hi Darren

I think you've made the right decision on two counts.

1. Getting the P2 instead of the Vision as the Gopro is vastly superior especially when it comes to the glass. Also you have greater flexibility when it comes to ancillary equipment such as upgrading the receiver and transmitter at a later date as only DJI use 5.8GHz for control. I've installed FrSky X8R telemetry receivers in both my Phantom and F550 Hex and combined with the Taranis transmitter and power monitoring modules the flexibility of control is near limitless. Admittedly you are just starting out but that's what I said just 10 months ago.

2. You bought it from Simon at Firstpersonview.uk who provides excellent support and advice.

Tools, as with everything, it's worth paying a little extra in the long run for quality. When undoing problem screws you need to apply just as much force down on the screw as you do to twist and cheap screwdrivers just are not up to the task.

Most of all take things easy and enjoy.

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20