DJI Phantom 2 Vision Video

Great. How did you keep it so steady, since it doesn't have a gimbal? Also, ditto on the camera removal. How hard is it to pull off the rubber gromets and put them back on?

Waiting on my Vision

Chuck

Great video.

I would also like to know how you got the vision so stable...every other demo I have seen of the new Vision has produced pretty ordinary vision. Great clarity, just too unstable...

digicrew said:
Great video.

I would also like to know how you got the vision so stable...every other demo I have seen of the new Vision has produced pretty ordinary vision. Great clarity, just too unstable...

Firestat said:
Great. How did you keep it so steady, since it doesn't have a gimbal? Also, ditto on the camera removal. How hard is it to pull off the rubber gromets and put them back on?

Waiting on my Vision

Chuck

I really only did very minor stabilization in FCPX. The raw footage seriously wasn't that bad. The new 9 inch props help a lot and knowing how to fly well helps as well. The biggest challenge was shooting only in GPS mode. Im very used to floating the copter at Attitude mode to get smoother video.

I was seriously worried when I went out to film with it on how well the camera would function and look. If you were to say the gopro was a 10 I would get this camera an 8+. It seriously worked a lot better than I thought it would and the iPhone controllability makes the whole experience of flying this copter so much fun.

To answer the question about taking the camera off. That is a yes. Tomorrow I plan on getting deep into this baby at the office and can let you know if we can fit other gimbals on it.

This is copter is much more than a Phantom 1 with a 2 slapped on the side of it. DJI really went through this thing and fixed any issues that people had before.

Excellent. Thanks for the info, appleboy. Looks like I will be going with the Vision, then. A lot less stuffing around than with the Phantom 1, too.

Keen to hear how you go with adding gimbals.

For some reason YouTube is letting the video through now. Go figure. Anyway, great footage, occasional jelly shutter but overall not bad for semi-gimbal. Can't wait to hear if I can use my gimbal and gopro on this unit, although the fallback camera sounds pretty good for nice weather and smooth flying conditions.

Took off the camera today and will be building a Vision 2 with a Gimbal tomorrow. We will have all your settings over at Aerialmediapros.com and probably be building special systems upon request if you would like.

appleboy said:
Took off the camera today and will be building a Vision 2 with a Gimbal tomorrow. We will have all your settings over at Aerialmediapros.com and probably be building special systems upon request if you would like.

I would really like to purchase a Phantom Vision, but I was hoping you could take off the camera off, if you wanted and mount a GoPro or something tho too...Therefore, I'm happy to read this...I'm looking forward to see what you came up with!

I've been debating to go for the Blade or the Phantom Vision...Currently, I've been leaning towards the Phantom Vision, especially with all the features and updates...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik