Dji Phantom 2 Vision+ test photos, raw dng files and videos

Reaction score
Hei, just post your related stuff here, tnx. I'll be first:

My aerial photos in Flickr, full size:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/60901409@ ... 437201526/

I add time to time some original JPG, DNG and edited files to my Dropbox folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kwp95h7cgb9x0au/krTndMKJDo

Some aerial test videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/kaups007/videos

Short review: smoothness of this gimbal is amazing. Video quality itself - not so much. Photos quality is a lot better, but needs conversion from raw and biggest problem is very high noise level, specially when its darker. Overall: i love my drone, it's sooooo fun, pics and videos quality is okey and will be waiting improvements in years :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkVcNswU3EM[/youtube]

Re: Dji Phantom 2 Vision+ test photos, raw dng files and vid

Question on photo framing, when you shoot in large, does your FPV show what you shoot or the video cropped version? With the vision, I saw the full 640X480 which is 4:3 but now see a smaller video view so have to guess what might be above or below the frame, the actual preview is not 640X480!

Full FOV with vision (ignore corruption its the only screen shot I had main point, the image takes the full vertical and shows all sensor data:

Vision+ FOV, you miss framing top / bottom. Do you have the same or is there a new setting for vision to show the full sensor data for correct picture frameing?

See black bars top and bottom instead of image. Driving me crazy and no one has confirmed if they have the same issue.

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 893
  • 4-3vision.PNG
    4-3vision.PNG
    175.8 KB · Views: 974

I have the black bars above and below also (1.0.39 Android app).

I wish they would put a screen capture button in the app!

Almost all cameras take a photo that is a tad bit different than what is displayed. Even cameras that cost $3,000 are only about 98% accurate, they usually show a bit more in the photo than the preview.
The phantom does this as well and looks to be about 10-15% wider than what is show on the screen.

If you are very zoomed in you may check to see if your video setting are set to wide or less wide.

You may be thinking of DSLRs where the optical path of the viewfinder is different than the sensor (you are looking through the lens but not seeing what the sensor sees when not using live view. For compact cameras and cameras like the Vision and Vision+ where there is no optical viewfinder we see what the sensor sees and this matches 1:1.

The issue appears to be the app which switched from showing the full sensor data to not at some point recently. You can see the ratio in the screen shot is now ~16:9 rather than 4:3 as the available resolutions indicate (640x480).

You can see the preview:

and what is captured (scroll to see full image:

There is the width issue you speak of, but the high issue is far greater and previously the FPV showed the full height. I hope a future app update gives options for this, ideally it should show matching the format of capture, so if in video, match video fov and if picture show the full image, or have the app but a box over the full sensor showing the portion being captured.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).PNG
    photo 1 (1).PNG
    175.8 KB · Views: 816
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 989

ResevorDG said:
Did you check your video mode? It effects preview.

Yes, I wasn't able to find a mode that showed the full 4:3 frame like the vision (or older app can't tell which) did. Are you able to see the preview like the first screenshot (no Black bars top and bottom)?

davephantom said:
ResevorDG said:

Yes, I wasn't able to find a mode that showed the full 4:3 frame like the vision (or older app can't tell which) did. Are you able to see the preview like the first screenshot (no Black bars top and bottom)?

They moved the location. It is now an option on the video settings section. The left side of the settings is quality, the right side is aspect and FOV.

ResevorDG said:
davephantom said:
ResevorDG said:

They moved the location. It is now an option on the video settings section. The left side of the settings is quality, the right side is aspect and FOV.

Will take a look next time I fly. To confirm, which right side setting for you shows the preview without black bars top and bottom?

Dirty Bird said:

Android has a built in screen cap.

I know for a samsung device, you need to hold the power and home buttons down for like 2 seconds until you hear a click. Doing so will NOT exit out of the app you are in.

I think its different per device. Have fun on google

dragonash said:
Dirty Bird said:

Android has a built in screen cap.

I know for a samsung device, you need to hold the power and home buttons down for like 2 seconds until you hear a click. Doing so will NOT exit out of the app you are in.

I think its different per device. Have fun on google
I was just going to comment the same for Dirty. I have a Moto X and it's power + vol down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.