DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ and GoPro Silver

saw this today
Phantom 2 with h4-3D | DJI Phantom Forum
if price is right, may help

Although he didn't stipulate it, I think that is just a normal P2 (non-vision) with the gimbal.
The OP could buy the whole lot and use as spare parts. The OP needs to remember that not all parts are compatible and need to remember 2.4v5.8Ghz.

Reactions: kirk2579
I have Vision+ with 5.8GHz RC.

As I see that you are a real pro at this stuff I must ask some questions.

If I buy Zenmuse H3-3D I dont need ANYTHING else except this longer cable in order to get it to the stock state ? By stock I mean FPV, telemetry and GoPro video feed in DJI vision app. I know I need to start GoPro manually.
No need for iOSD thingy or anything else, just the gimbal and that longer cable and the expenses end there ?

I dont want to buy so expensive gimbal and then find out that I need something else. It costs exactly as much as I have paid for my Vision+ without the gimbal part so I dont want to give anything more on it. This Zenmuse price is already an overkill for me since I already bought 3 axis gimbal from Ebay but FPV is very important for me.

Thanks a lot !

I have Vision+ with 5.8GHz RC.

As I see that you are a real pro at this stuff I must ask some questions.

If I buy Zenmuse H3-3D I dont need ANYTHING else except this longer cable in order to get it to the stock state ? By stock I mean FPV, telemetry and GoPro video feed in DJI vision app. I know I need to start GoPro manually.
No need for iOSD thingy or anything else, just the gimbal and that longer cable and the expenses end there ?

I dont want to buy so expensive gimbal and then find out that I need something else. It costs exactly as much as I have paid for my Vision+ without the gimbal part so I dont want to give anything more on it. This Zenmuse price is already an overkill for me since I already bought 3 axis gimbal from Ebay but FPV is very important for me.

Thanks a lot !

Thats all you need - telemetry is already in the DJI app so no need iOSD.

$10 USD cable pack.
DJI Phantom2 Cable Pack Part3

Optional
30 pin rear port - convert your H3-3D back to the original Version 1.0. Best!! The side USB is flimsy and prone to break.
Video Output Connection Flat Cable Part 56 for DJI Innovations Zenmuse H3-3D 4CM

3D printed Gopro Bracket. Use rubber bands if you cant afford it. The supplied ones are difficult to remove as it requires to 2 screws. Get the bracket in red so you can visibly see it installed.
Gopro Zenmuse Bracket H3 3D by Boarz on Shapeways

Just make sure you counter balance as the H3-3D is built for the gopro 3 and NOT the 3+. Use coins and velcro. You need to neutrally balance the gimbal so the motors do not stress out.

And I'm no pro. Just learnt from others on this forum.

Here's my Frankenstein.

DBS%20antenna%20relocation.jpg

Reactions: Karanba
Thanks a lot for this info. I would be a lot happier if I got this answer 20 days ago before I ordered 3 axis gimbal from Ebay :mad:

Unfortunately there are no clear forums for this Phantom questions, there is DJI forum with very weak modding support, there is RC with million members and topics with 500 pages and this one seems great and easy to use but untill you told me this everybody told me that I need **** Quickrelease and then I have decided that I will not go this route since giving 600$ only for that is not an option. I still dont know on what forum shoould I ask questions, nobody wants/knows the answers and I am sure that the community is very strong.

There is a lot of knowledge about phantoms but it is dispersed literally all over the internet so man needs 50 days in order to get good answers.

Now I have this Storm32 and I will use it until I sell it, then I wull buy Zenmuse. Can you please help me in another thread to connect this gimbal on power and also if possible on gimbal movement on 7th channel ? And also plug Wifi module so I have telemetry.

Thanks a lot !

@Mako79 can you tell me if the H3-3D gimbal will give FPV fom GoPro Hero 4 Silver ? I read on some forums that it will not, I need to buy H4-3D in order to get FPV from my Vision+ ? Is that true ???

Do you know shortly just if I should buy H3-3D or not ? Coz all reviews say that they are the same but I dont want to buy H3-3D just to find out that it does not work with my Hero 4 Silver.

Some forums say it should work so no worry there I hope.

Thanks

Do you know shortly just if I should buy H3-3D or not ? Coz all reviews say that they are the same but I dont want to buy H3-3D just to find out that it does not work with my Hero 4 Silver.

Some forums say it should work so no worry there I hope.

Thanks

The h3-3d 1.1 is the same as the h4-3d. The only difference is that its counter weighted to suit the weight and centre of gravity of the gopro hero 4 black. The other difference is the h4-3d does not require modification to prevent the side wifi button from accidently activating.

Reactions: Karanba
Ok, so it will work so I can make my own small counterweight and move the camera with some spacer so WIFI does not get pressed. Thanks a lot !

I have also found out that I can simply plug my GoPro with some Ebay cable and its 2 pins inside the Phantom 2 Vision+ and I get FPV in DJI Vision app ?

No matter where are thye from, we just need people from around the world to chime in. I would write guide with photos when I do it. I hope that I will be able to do it. And will post it on all forums so people with GoPro and Vision+ know exactly what they need to do.

Just for the archives...
I have successfully installed the Zenmuse H3-3D using my Go Pro Hero 3 Silver. I accomplished this by simple rewiring and ordering a longer 8-pin cable, aka the "Pitcher mod" as mentioned on the RCGroups forum. I also have successfully performed the Ch. 7 tilt mod on the older version transmitter (non-wheel/w lever added on back). I get full motion "tilt"-straight down or straight forward, or in between with smooth transition. Camera still needs to be turned on and off manually before and after flight. I do NOT get ability to tilt in the Vision app, but it's easier to use the lever anyway.
Speaking of the Vision app, I also have successfully installed it on my 7" Kindle Fire HDX. I get FPV with this setup, all on a Phantom 2 Vision +.

Wow. This thread was a great help. All we would need is pics and this mod can be done..
I really want to use Litchi app with hero 4 black and this seems the best way. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20