Dji phantom 2 plus calibration ?

Reaction score
Please can anyone help, i am new to the dji multirotors and can't seem to find a few hard to find answers if been searching the net all over until i came upon this forum.

First, compass calibration, in the assistand software there is a setting called advanced calibration, does that mean i can just let the dji sit on the ground while conneted to the pc software activating the advanced calibration in the software, then wait for 10-15 minutes according to the software and do nothing and after that it will be calibrated ? Sorry if it may sound like a strange question but i could not get past the first step yet as it said something was hot and i needed it to cool down before trying again and i m not at my dji to try it again tight nw, Or do i still need to do the various 360 degree movements ?

Thenmost importantly, when armed i get 2 green flashes and 3 red flashes, for the life of me i could not get answers on any forum for those specific light codes, please can anyone tell me what it means, it does arm and it does spin up though.Doe the lights indicate a calibration problemor just a gps lock issue ? i was inside a building when i tried it.
icon-status-offline.png

Now i'm getting the red green and yellow flash and it's not connect to the radio, the code says i must recalibrate th imu, but it's not seeing the tx, must i rebind again ?

Now i'm getting the red green and yellow flash and it's not connect to the radio, the code says i must recalibrate th imu, but it's not seeing the tx, must i rebind again ?

First off, you don't calibrate the compass using the software. You calibrate the IMU. When calibrating the IMU you must have the quad sitting on a completely level surface and not move it while its calibrating. This ensures that the bird flies in a stable state.
Calibrating the compass is done just before you fly. There are lots of videos on You tube to show you how to do it properly. It's debatable that you have to every time but I do it just to feel safe. Also you shouldn't fly unless you have at least 6-7 satellites locked. Just be patient and wait til they lock. Also you wont get satellite lock inside.

Thank you Davo !

i was about to give up when i found the compass wire pulled loose after assembling the shell casing as i fiddled with a screwdriver alongside (inside the seems of th shell to get it all to fit perfectly (been in a crash) obviously now the shell casings is damaged and the prop hitting the arm so need to order new shell casing or perhaps one of those "industructable" frames instead, i get full green lock outside though, how would i know if the compass calibration is off ? i've read someone saying if it shows a range of much more or less than 300 on the software somewhere on the compass area then it needs recalibration ?

Try degaussing the compass by getting a magnet and moving it in circles over the surface. Then just calibrate it every time you fly. I'm not sure of the settings in the assistant that will tell you if the compass is damaged or not working properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31