dji phantom 2 new guy flying

Reaction score
Hey guys. So i just bought a dji phantom 2 with a gimbal for the go pro. Ive flown my phantom a few times and today something happened twice. Ao i was flying my dji and i lost sight of it and it never returned back to me so i had to venture out to find ot ans it had landed some what 500 meters away from me
Then the second time i was just in my back yard and it was maybe 2 storeys high and it lost control of the control some how and just landed its self... im worried is there somewhete i can learn more about the control and how to return my phantom when i loose sight of it ?? Please help me :(

A phantom has 2 modes that are used

The first is return to home on low battery and the other is auto land on low battery, there is also return to home when it loses contact with the transmitter.

It sounds like your batteries are an issue, try flying the phantom about 20 feet of the ground and observe the rear lights, if the battery is an issue they will flash red and then the craft will land.

kylefoster93 said:
Hey guys. So i just bought a dji phantom 2 with a gimbal for the go pro. Ive flown my phantom a few times and today something happened twice. Ao i was flying my dji and i lost sight of it and it never returned back to me so i had to venture out to find ot ans it had landed some what 500 meters away from me
Then the second time i was just in my back yard and it was maybe 2 storeys high and it lost control of the control some how and just landed its self... im worried is there somewhete i can learn more about the control and how to return my phantom when i loose sight of it ?? Please help me :(

Sound more then likely you don't FPV (first person view) of your craft. Without the info FPV provides you will more then likely have other problems in the future. Here are the items you will need mini iOSD, transmitter, antennas and a monitor receiver and that's about a $300 - 400 dollar investment.

Don't fly so far away until you understand more about how it works. At a minimum, you need to understand how to use Home Lock. And consider getting an FPV.

crash1sttime said:
A phantom has 2 modes that are used

The first is return to home on low battery and the other is auto land on low battery, there is also return to home when it loses contact with the transmitter.

It sounds like your batteries are an issue, try flying the phantom about 20 feet of the ground and observe the rear lights, if the battery is an issue they will flash red and then the craft will land.

Its not the batteries it never flashes red still green but sometimes when the phantom is in the air it flashes orange then back to green then quickly flashes on green sometimes

ianwood said:
Don't fly so far away until you understand more about how it works. At a minimum, you need to understand how to use Home Lock. And consider getting an FPV.

Okay i really want to understand more. As i daid i just bought this dji maybe 4 days ago it didnt come with any instructions.. is there somewhere i can learn about this stuff do use have vid links or any links to help me?? :)

jason said:
kylefoster93 said:

Sound more then likely you don't FPV (first person view) of your craft. Without the info FPV provides you will more then likely have other problems in the future. Here are the items you will need mini iOSD, transmitter, antennas and a monitor receiver and that's about a $300 - 400 dollar investment.

Ive been looking to buy this stuff where can i get all this from ive looked in so many online stores and none of them have it. :(

Find an online shop in your country that sells UAV stuff, and if they have a phone number, speak to them... they will probably advise you on what to get. (you can also choose the same stuff I have, DJI IOSD mini for telemetry on the screen, video transmitter TS351 and receiver R305 from boscam, cheap and working very well! you need a 7" monitor and a bracket to hook it to your remote and that's it. A little bit of DIY to plug it and it will do what you expect from it.
Easier to plug, the DJI AVL58 kit here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... o_kit.html
(you still need a monitor and a bracket, maybe a battery as well)

kylefoster93 said:
ianwood said:

Okay i really want to understand more. As i daid i just bought this dji maybe 4 days ago it didnt come with any instructions.. is there somewhere i can learn about this stuff do use have vid links or any links to help me?? :)

The dji website has all the manuals in pdf. Download them, print them and make sure you understand it all!

You should not engage the motors and take off with the phantom until after it syncs on all satellites and the QUICK GREEN FLASHES acknowledge this. My phantoms have 2 sets of rapid green flashes which seem to be about 10-12 flashes in each sequence. If you're seeing this in the air, i would guess that you took off before everything was ready. patience grasshopper!

Use this page to help you understand the flashing sequences and colors:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... escription

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20