DJI Phantom 2 - h3 3d with Gopro 4

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just bought a P2 with a Zenmuse h3 3d and I"m trying to use it with a Gopro hero 4, a flysight black pearl monitor, DJI IOSD Mini and ImmersionRC 25mW TX transmitter.
The monitor is connected and I'm getting info from the IOSD Mini, (this is on band F, channel 7) but NO picture is showing on the screen.
Does anyone know why this is happening and if i can fix this problem?!

Thanks Andy

Hello,
I have just bought a P2 with a Zenmuse h3 3d and I"m trying to use it with a Gopro hero 4, a flysight black pearl monitor, DJI IOSD Mini and ImmersionRC 25mW TX transmitter.
The monitor is connected and I'm getting info from the IOSD Mini, (this is on band F, channel 7) but NO picture is showing on the screen.

Thanks Andy

ONLY 25 mW maybe thats your issue... Unless it's a typo.

Hello,

Thanks Andy

Andy Make sure both GoPro and monitor are on NTSC or PAL. Then check that the monitors RX1 & RX2 are on the same channel. Look in your manual if you're not sure what I mean by RX1 & 2. Was the antenna connected to immersion TX when you powered up the P2? If not order a new TX. If you haven't crashed the P2 the next suspect would be the ribbon cable. Unlock the USB connector from the ribbon and reconnect it. If that doesn't correct the problem then replace the ribbon. Does the gimbal work correctly??

What are the differences in the H3-3D and H4-3D?

Some owners complained about the raised buttons on the Hero 4's were being triggered by the H3-3D so DJI designed the H4-3D to cover the button issue and weight balance of the cameras battery.

If you're shooting stills on time lapse, make sure you are not shooting faster than 1 frame a second. The camera can't process the shot and handle the video feed at the same time. Typically I shoot at 5 second intervals.

ONLY 25 mW maybe thats your issue... Unless it's a typo.

25mW is actually the legal limit for a video transmitter on the 5.8ghz range here the UK even though the shops sell 600mw versions
Mines a 25mw version for commercial work and it works fine.

Hiluxandy - Its either the new firmware update on your GoPro not allowing any video feed from the usb or your side menu button is being pushed all the time from using a H3 gimbal with a Hero 4 GoPro.

Hello,

Thanks Andy

If you updated your Hero 4 recently then watch this video and use the workaround as it has work taken of problems others have had with Hero 3+ after they updated their cameras.

If this takes care of your problem let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20