DJI PHANTOM 2 Firmware 3.0 has been released

Reaction score
plugged my P2V in this morning. It came up saying there was an upgrade to the main controller firmware, to version 3.0. I didn't even think about it, hit upgrade. Upgraded fine, told me to power cycle. I did so, but then upon restarting my P2V it says mismatch and i need to upgrade my assistant software.

Every indication is it is upgraded, but I cannot go and calibrate anything. It appears normal, but I'm concerned what will happen if i attempt to fly it.

Any suggestions/input?

see below.

DJI PHANTOM 2 Firmware 3.0 has been released.

Please be aware that this firmware version limits aerial systems from flying above special areas such as airports. Click here for the complete list of the special areas. Updating your firmware signifies you fully acknowledge and accept this function. DJI accepts no liability or damage(s) or injuries incurred directly or indirectly from your refusal to update this firmware.

Please upgrade the main controller Firmware to v3.0 using the Assistant software v3.0.
Download the latest Assistant software: http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/

Important:

1、Make sure to reconfigure all parameters and recalibrate the Transmitter in the Assistant software after upgrading the firmware.

What’s new?

Firmware

1. Special areas restriction

2. Increased support Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

3. Compass data error notification

4. H3-2D and H3-3D support

l Software

1. Special areas restriction section

2. H3-2D and H3-3D support

Upgrade Notes

1. Upgrade the main controller and central board firmware to the latest version using PHANTOM 2 Assistant V3.0 otherwise there will be malfunction caused by version mismatch.

2. Upgrade iOSD mini, iOSD Mark II firmware to the latest version before using them with PHANTOM 2.

Just like your repost. Frankly I am a tad bored with the volume of duplicate posts today and have decided to point it out as I am tired and irritable having been up all night... :evil:

In the Same boat, with the transmitter calibration now too. I took the risk as i have been trying to get my ipad ground station to connect to my main controller since 2.0 was released. Thinking they were hiding some BT bugs potentially but no luck. the wind is blowing about 20 knots where i am today so i only took the bird up to see if it flew still but cannot tell if the U/G did anything as my vision is always a bit shaky in heavy wind.

I am trying to connect my new P2 in NAZA assistant software for first time, but it won't let me open tabs unless I upgrade main board to Firmware 3.0. Should I wait for new assistant software ?

Paul K said:
I am trying to connect my new P2 in NAZA assistant software for first time, but it won't let me open tabs unless I upgrade main board to Firmware 3.0. Should I wait for new assistant software ?

Yes. I'd wait. You need to upgrade to Firmware 3.0 with the Assistant 3.0, which the stupid asses over at DJI have yet to make available. They've temporarily bricked at least five P2Vs today that I know of. I'm sure there will be a fix available soon, but this sort of horseshit is becoming the norm with them...

-slinger

Ok, I join the club of bricked Phantoms. Brand new machine, out of the box, plug it in, says to upgrade to v3, ok, did the upgrade, now can't use the assistant software. Somebody f$%ked up at DJI. New Zealand.

SilentAV8R said:
Where are you guys finding this update? I've looked on the DJI website and do not see anything under either the P2 or the P2V "Downloads". V2.0 is still the current shown there:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Plug your P2V into the Assistant Ver 2.0. THAT'S what the problem is. IT sees it and asks you to update from there. There is NOTHING on the DJI website. For instance... Assistant Ver 3.0 which is what you need to install this update properly... Is not there. It's the typical DJI head up their *** cart before the horse syndrome...

-slinger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues