DJI Phantom 2 disconnects from satellites in mid-air

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a DJI Phantom 2 vision plus and have made a couple of flights but I keep running into the problem that the Phantom finds it very hard to find enough satellites and stay connected to them.

On the same location I one day can connect to 7 or 8 satellites and on another I wait for half an hour and can't connect to more than 4 or 5.

When I do have enough satellites and take off for a flight the fluctuation is very high. Satellite numbers go from 11 to 4 or 5 quite frequently making the Phantom harder to fly and it starts drifting off.

Does anybody else have the same problem or does anybody know of any solution?

Thanks in advance.

It's not unusual for satellite lock to fluctuate a little during a flight, even in one location, but to go from no lock to high numbers and back is a little unusual. Has it ever had a crash landing and ended upside down at all? Your post implies it's a brand new one, but it's showing signs of a damaged GPS antenna. Could always be a faulty part, of course. If it is repeateable and happens in other flying areas (to eliminate it being something environmental about the place you flew in) then I'd be tempted to contact my dealer to arrange to swap it out for another one if it was me...

i have similar problem with my new pv2+, i will post video later, it seems to me like gps signal reception gets weaker when i start recording .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31