DJI Phantom 2 central circuit board (P330CB-H3-2D-V2)

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just a quick question! Did anyone consider upgrading his Phantom V1 central circuit board with the one from the Phantom V2?

Doing so would give you H3-2D Gimbal support and also can bus...and continue to use normal lipo plus the Phantom V2 board is cheaper than the Phantom V1 upgrade kit...

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts about that!

Cheers!
Fred

The phantom 2 MC board is different to the 1, it requires a cable pack and other part's, the ESC are plugged to the board and soldered on the 1. Look through this forum for different pic's of a p2 board to see the difference.

You don't need to use any of that. ESCs and led/USB can still go directly to the Naza, just exp to canBus and gcu from the main board would be needed.

Ok but do I need to plug the GPS on the board or directly to the NAZA? The GPS/Compass from the Phantom 2 isn't the same as the one from Phantom v1.1.1... no?

You can definitely use the P2 mainboard on the P1. People have done it. The GPS and compass are compatible. I think you can plug the compass into the mainboard, though I don't know if you have to.
There's a thread on this in the P1 forum.

Hello! Thanks!

Yes it would make sense GPS plugged into the board and compass too (instead of plugging it into the GPS). It looks like the P2 GPS is just the same as the P1 GPS just with no compass connector on it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers