Dji phantom 2 battery solid red light

Reaction score
Unfortunately had a crash involving water 4 days ago, was only in the water for about 5 seconds, and the only part that got submerged were the legs, the h4-3D gimbal, and my go pro. Once out of the water took the battery out, got the go pro off, and went home to disassemble and let it dry, poured rice inside, then stuck it in the attic for 3 days.

Seems as if the battery will charge fully but when I turn the battery on it will show green lights, hold down again and it'll just be a solid red light.

It will not power up the drone.

Does this mean my battery is toast?

Pictures to show

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 508
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 621
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 669
Unfortunately had a crash involving water 4 days ago, was only in the water for about 5 seconds, and the only part that got submerged were the legs, the h4-3D gimbal, and my go pro. Once out of the water took the battery out, got the go pro off, and went home to disassemble and let it dry, poured rice inside, then stuck it in the attic for 3 days.

Seems as if the battery will charge fully but when I turn the battery on it will show green lights, hold down again and it'll just be a solid red light.

It will not power up the drone.

Does this mean my battery is toast?

What happens when the battery is out of the P2?? A video would help more then photos.

What happens when the battery is out of the P2?? A video would help more then photos.

It seems like it'll turn on normal then it'll just stay a red light. And it takes a few minutes for the red light to go off, even if I hold it down for 6+ seconds it just stays red.

It seems like it'll turn on normal then it'll just stay a red light. And it takes a few minutes for the red light to go off, even if I hold it down for 6+ seconds it just stays red.

You sure that battery didn't get wet.

You sure that battery didn't get wet.
It definitely could have, I can't be 100% sure it didn't, but the drone wasn't completely submerged. From what I read and people who's drone was completely submerged and then dried out and it still works, I was hoping I was in better condition.

It definitely could have, I can't be 100% sure it didn't, but the drone wasn't completely submerged. From what I read and people who's drone was completely submerged and then dried out and it still works, I was hoping I was in better condition.

Well the batteries circuit board are not coated like all the internal boards on the P2. Is that the only battery you have? Do you have any way to discharge that battery and then recharge to see if it will stay on. I have two units I use to discharge my batteries.
IMG_5631.jpg

12V Battery Discharger with 35W Bulb for DJI Phantom 2 Newest D2O1
phantom 2 battery discharger.jpg

Well the batteries circuit board are not coated like all the internal boards on the P2. Is that the only battery you have? Do you have any way to discharge that battery and then recharge to see if it will stay on. I have two units I use to discharge my batteries.
View attachment 62106

12V Battery Discharger with 35W Bulb for DJI Phantom 2 Newest D2O1
View attachment 62107
Unfortunately it is, since I've only had it for a few weeks now. I don't have anything to discharge it with, so I guess I'll have to buy one of those, or if there is a easy way to wire it to discharge?

Unfortunately it is, since I've only had it for a few weeks now. I don't have anything to discharge it with, so I guess I'll have to buy one of those, or if there is a easy way to wire it to discharge?

The only thing wrong with the the discharger is that the bulb get so hot it melted the plastic connector so I'll need to come up with a better solution for the connector. it does have a buzzer when it reaches a safe discharge level. The other discharger that I made up using a auto tail light you have to keep an eye on that one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20