DJI Phantom 2 add in FPV (no soldering required)

Reaction score
I want to add FPV on my Phantom 2 and don't want to do any soldering. I did some research and and came up with the following parts list I need to buy to get a descent FPV started. Can anyone please confirm the items listed and any recommendation or tips or if I even have the right items for my mod? Thanks

DJI AVL58
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV hub
Black Pearl Diversity RX 7

Existing hardware:
Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero 3 Black Ed.

this actually belongs in the FPV forum, you'll get more specialized response. a mod will probably move it for you soon.

What you described is one setup, but probably not the best or cheapest... most folks around here agree that the AVL58 is not a great transmitter, and you can accomplish the same thing as the DJI hub with a $10 cable.

I humbly suggest you check out my stickythread in the FPV forum here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413
there are 2 directions you can go, with the ImmersionRC transmitter or a Boscam. just get the appropriate cable, and then decide on a receiver.
There are also some further items there you haven't thought of yet, such as antennas, a monitor mount, etc.

anyway read through the thread linked above and if you have any questions ask them here in this thread, I'll see your post. We're trying to keep the sticky thread limited to posts about price updates not specific people's builds
cheers!

Did yo have to do any soldering? Sorry to ask this basic question but how does the GoPro Camera get connected to the TX ?
I meant do I need to buy a special cable to connect the GoPro to the OSD for the video to be transmitted?

alibaba said:
Did yo have to do any soldering? Sorry to ask this basic question but how does the GoPro Camera get connected to the TX ?
I meant do I need to buy a special cable to connect the GoPro to the OSD for the video to be transmitted?

The video from the Gopro gets to the TX through the FPV board.
Likewise the power used to move the gimbal also goes through the FPV board to be able to power the TX.
As mine stands no soldering is needed,that's the good part.
The FPV hub comes with the wires you need to set it up as mine is pictured with the exception of this lead.

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/equipment/fir ... cable.html

Thanks and why do I need this cable for? I mean I don't mind buying it I just need to know what I will use it for with what Ia m already planning on buying:
DJI AVL58
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV hub

Thanks and please be patient with me.

alibaba said:
Thanks and why do I need this cable for? I mean I don't mind buying it I just need to know what I will use it for with what Ia m already planning on buying:
DJI AVL58
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV hub

You would only need an alternative cable like that if you end up using a transmitter other than the AVL58. If you stick with that transmitter then the fpv hub is all you need.

alibaba said:
DJI AVL58
DJI iOSD Mini
DJI FPV hub

I don't think YOU do:)
I am not 100% certain but I believe the cable you get with the AVL58 does the same thing as the one I linked to.
If you look at the crude drawing done here by OI Photography it shows a similar set up to what you will have

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26683

You wont have the part labelled GCU but where that is plugged into the FPV hub your existing zenmuse cable will plug in instead.

One other question, so as long as I buy the DJI AVL58 with one antenna, I can use the antenna that is built-in to the Black Pearl Diversity RX 7 correct? I asked because I see that the DJI AVL58 are for sale with two antenna (TX\RX) and I don't understand why if I only need one for the TX because the RX uses its own built in antenna. If I can buy the AVL58 without the antenna is there a recommended antenna other than the white mushroom looking antenna?

Using stock antennas will eventually frustrate you because range will be minimal. Trust me, bought after market spironet mushrooms and patch, then finally going to antennas in the above listed link. Learn from my mistakes ;)

Thanks for all the recommendations and valuable advices fellas. All the parts I need to setup my FPV have been ordered. I should have everything by end of next week.

DJI AVL58 - CenuryHeli.com
DJI iOSD Mini - CenuryHeli.com
DJI FPV hub - CenuryHeli.com
Black Pearl Diversity RX 7 -amazon.com
Antennas - fpvlr.com/shop/
Monitor Bracket - raveaerialvideo.com

Existing hardware:
Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero 3 Black Ed.

I have a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and a GoPro Hero 3 Black Ed.

I bought:
Flysight Black Pearl Diversity 7" RX
Flysight TX5804 5.8Ghz 400mW
The nice thing is that the TX comes with a lot of different cables and it´s just plug and play.
I´m planing on adding a IOSD Mini and all I need to do is to change the cable and it´s plug and play again :)

There´s a lot of videos on Youtube describing how to mount it on the Phantom.

alibaba said:
I want to add FPV on my Phantom 2 and don't want to do any soldering. I did some research and and came up with the following parts list I need to buy to get a descent FPV started. Can anyone please confirm the items listed and any recommendation or tips or if I even have the right items for my mod? Thanks

Not sure how far along you are but I used the ImmersionRC video tx instead of the AVL48 (more expensive and heavier) and mine is clean and all plug and play.

Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D
drone_gopro_dji-phantom-2_ad_l.jpg

Mine looks no different except for the FPV cable running down the leg

iOSD Mini
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FKZZQQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
images

ImmersionRC 600mW
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=266
10516-te1.jpg

10516-te2.jpg

Plug and Play cable (I hate soldering)
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Ca...SD-Mini-and-Zenmuse-ImmersionRC-FatShark.html
51dhElU8r6L._SL1500_.jpg

Black Pearl FPV Monitor (Already Fatshark compatible)
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Black-Pearl-7-LCD-Monitor-with-5.8GHz-Diversity-Rx-7-Channel.html
photo8.jpg

Monitor Mount
http://www.raveaerialvideo.com/product/dji-monitor-mount/
phantommmmbackshot.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.