DJI Phantom 1.1 has Naza lite?

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 1.1 (Dual antenna, gimbal control, etc) but it has a Naza lite, not a M-V1 or V2. Did they sell them like this direct from DJI or has it been swapped out?

Also on a possibly related note, I can't seem to do the compass calibration by doing the GPS->ATTI switch 10 times. It just keeps blinking at me.

Which version of the assistant loads for your phantom? The lite only works with the Lite Assistant.

The compass cal switch is 5 up/downs, only between ATTI and GPS (not manual if you have that enabled). There was a firmware update which makes it easier to do, not sure if there's an impact if your Naza is the lite.

ElGuano said:
Which version of the assistant loads for your phantom? The lite only works with the Lite Assistant.

The compass cal switch is 5 up/downs, only between ATTI and GPS (not manual if you have that enabled). There was a firmware update which makes it easier to do, not sure if there's an impact if your Naza is the lite.

I'm pretty sure its lite because when I opened it up the red sticker says "Lite" Also can't use the regular software, have to connect through the Lite assistant :(

Yes I do the compass cal switch at least 5 up and down. Compass calibration works fine on my other Phantom which is an older version (no gimbal lever, single antenna, same color prop nuts etc). Also I connect using the regular Assistant software on my other Phantom as well. This "new" used version is a mystery though...

I'm not aware of any phantom shipping with a lite. I have the old 1.1 (single antenna), it's the hybrid naza1/2.

Where did you buy it?

If that's truly a NAZA lite in there, that may be the reason you can't do the calibration...I understood that that model didn't have any prevision for connecting/using GPS (which is mostly what makes it "lite"). Is the cable coming down from the inside of the lid connected to anything?

Lite and GPS should work fine, GPS features with Lite is described in detail on the DJI site. Also NAZA Lite with GPS is often bundled for use in the 450 and 550 DJI systems and you can buy it with the GPS puck in a DJI bundle as well.

I'm just not sure why the compass calibration is not working, and if this was deliberately swapped out of a Phantom or if it was possible it could have come from the factory with Lite. One post in the archives stated that Lite needs toggling from GPS to Manual instead of GPS to ATTI but that seems strange to me.

This was used so I can't be completely sure of its history.

Ah figured it out. NAZA lite seems to require starting in the Manual mode for compass calibration, then going through to ATTI->GPS->ATTI->to land back and manual mode ~11 times. I don't think Naza lite allows setting the third option on the switch to Failsafe like V1 and V2 does, so its always manual mode on the third slot. Instead of my other Phantom you can't just switch from GPS to ATTI, has to be through down to manual mode (aka failsafe for some V1/V2 setups).

Well that mystery is solved.

Let me correct an inaccuracy in one of my previous posts--on the Naza-m you can definitely flip from gps through atti to manual and back to activate the compass calibration.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Just FYI, DJI never put the Lite in to the Phantom. Someone has most likely swapped it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj