DJI P4 remote question

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - 1st time posting.

I have a P4 I bought new and I noticed earlier this year the remove would only charge up to 2 blinking lights rather than 4.
I read about some putting a heat gun to the internals but I rathere not have to take that step and I heard others say cheaper to get a new remote.
Well I fould a remote on Ebay - brand new, GL300C which matched the model of my unit. It was advertised as P3 and P4 and with the model numbers
matching I figured I was good. I ordered it - charged it and all seemed well until I tried to link it my Phantom 4. It beeps blue light for 60 seconds and
can't find the P4 after I pushed the link on the P4 also. I tired with my old remote and it links in 1 second. Both have the PSA switch even.
Any ideas of any steps I am missing? Thanks everyone

Hi Everyone - 1st time posting.

I have a P4 I bought new and I noticed earlier this year the remove would only charge up to 2 blinking lights rather than 4.
I read about some putting a heat gun to the internals but I rathere not have to take that step and I heard others say cheaper to get a new remote.
Well I fould a remote on Ebay - brand new, GL300C which matched the model of my unit. It was advertised as P3 and P4 and with the model numbers
matching I figured I was good. I ordered it - charged it and all seemed well until I tried to link it my Phantom 4. It beeps blue light for 60 seconds and
can't find the P4 after I pushed the link on the P4 also. I tired with my old remote and it links in 1 second. Both have the PSA switch even.
Any ideas of any steps I am missing? Thanks everyone
I did just purchase p4 and linked with old remote straight away,,,this what I did,,,,,turn on remote and drone open app go rc linking ,confirm frequency, drone should beep press link button 2 sec or is this what you do,,,,,,,and welcome,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you IaZone - it sounds like the step I might have missed is confirm frequency - Is this hard to do?
I guess I could Google - Thanks again

Easy I get you pictures
Screenshot_20190513-111205.jpg
Screenshot_20190513-111140.jpg
Screenshot_20190513-111241.jpg
Screenshot_20190513-111359.jpg

That was helpful. I'm thinking the problem is I am not getting the confirm frequency pop-up option.
Maybe I have to update something

That was helpful. I'm thinking the problem is I am not getting the confirm frequency pop-up option.
Maybe I have to update something
Um this what I was thinking when you mention blue light,,,when you have all powered up on home screen before you conect to blue go fly there is 3 black lines top right of screen,press and hold to see what firmware it's running,,you might get a version to make it work,,,,ps,,,it should blink blue on remote till link is pressed

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a manual relinking process without the app being used,,,it might link this way
Screenshot_20190513-114226.jpg

The P4 firmware update v1.1.301 (2016-04-07) required both the AC and RC to be updated otherwise they would NOT linke anymore.
The same for the P3 firmware v1.8.80 from the same date.
So, most likely the firmwares of your AC and RC are NOT compatible.
Update both devices to the newest firmware using either GO4 or Assistant2.

See version histories on the DJI website:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4