DJI P3P orange blinking link OFDM LED

Reaction score
Hi Gents,
I have a P3P that will not link. The OFDM link LED blinks orange and will not blink red to link when the link button is pressed. Any ideas as to what causes this? The firmware was updated a few days ago. It flew fine several times with no hard landings the day before...
Cheers,
Jim

Hi Gents,
I have a P3P that will not link. The OFDM link LED blinks orange and will not blink red to link when the link button is pressed. Any ideas as to what causes this? The firmware was updated a few days ago. It flew fine several times with no hard landings the day before...
Cheers,
Jim
Maybe you didn't set the RC to link before pressing the link button on the AC?

Follow these steps:
Phantom3 Link Remote Controller - Phantom Help

Reactions: JoBe
Yes thanks I did that and also tried to do the manual link without using the Go App too. What does the orange LED mean? On my other P3Ps it is only green and red, never orange.

What does the orange LED mean? On my other P3Ps it is only green and red, never orange.
Dont know for sure. If I were to guess it would be the AC is seeing something it doesnt understand from the RC. You said you updated the AC FW recently. If it was to 1.8, the RC must be at 1.6 due to the encryption change. Perhaps one of those FW updates was not fully completed. Again, just guessing so will happily defer to someone who knows more.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Dont know for sure. If I were to guess it would be the AC is seeing something it doesnt understand from the RC. You said you updated the AC FW recently. If it was to 1.8, the RC must be at 1.6 due to the encryption change. Perhaps one of those FW updates was not fully completed. Again, just guessing so will happily defer to someone who knows more.

Hi and thanks again. The firmware has been successfully updated on both the RC and Quad. I can link that RC successfully with my other P3P's so it is not the problem. The P3P OFDM LED blinks orange before and after the linking button is pressed. It should be blinking red. Not sure what orange means but it will not link with any RC.
Cheers,
Jim

Hi and thanks again. The firmware has been successfully updated on both the RC and Quad. I can link that RC successfully with my other P3P's so it is not the problem. The P3P OFDM LED blinks orange before and after the linking button is pressed. It should be blinking red. Not sure what orange means but it will not link with any RC.
Cheers,
Jim
I have the same issue. Did you ever resolve this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik