DJI P3 firmware upgrade issue - DJI Go App

Reaction score
I have tried every method possible to upgrade my P3 controller to the 3.2 firmware. The app will not show camera view at all. I do get a green light on the controller, and I can see the camera move like 1/4", but that is it. I have tried connecting it to the bird, direct USB, several USB drives. Nothing. Been over two months with no flights. Please help. I have over 40 flights prior and can not get it to work. Any suggestions? The bird upgraded with no issue.

Can you explain your app not showing camera view? So is it just a black screen when you enter into camera view?

My controller will not update either but everything flys fine. It just says I need to update the controller on the first screen when you enter the camera view.

Did you have a crash? Have you checked the two cords that are connected to the gimbal/camera? If those are loose or not connected they won't show the camera.

Also, lastly...I've had this happen. Had a bad USB cord. Actually I've had two. The cords easily lose proper connection. I stopped wadding them up because the ends are really sensitive. So check that for sure.

Haha, also once I totally forgot to even plug the cord in and was like "why can't I see the screen?" Took me ten minutes to figure it out. I don't know what was up with me that day.

Only things I can think of. Sorry if you have already thought of these things.

The app just shows how to connect and will not show the camera view. So the app will not connect.

No crashes. Clean flights. 40 straight. Cords are connected.

USB are good. Tried 3 different cords. I have spent about 20 hours trying to get this to work. Very frustrated. Other ideas?

I think I saw you post on a different thread about this so again sorry if you've tried these things.

Of course uninstall and reinstall app.

Have you tried using someone else's phone of iPad or device. If it works then you know there's not something wrong with the drone itself.

What's the device you're trying to use?

iOS 6. Had no issues prior. I can not get the controller to take a firmware update. Light will not go blue. In addition to the go app issue. I have not tried another device. Not a bad idea.

Ends up I do not have another compatible device. Other suggestions. iPhone 6 should work.

I couldn't get mine to load either, so I soft loaded it from the phone. connect it like usual then make sure there is a good 4G cell signal, turn on the control and then click on "the controller needs update" and then hit "update now", took 5 minutes online.

Reed L, the challenge is the controller will not communicate with the phone. I can't get past the how to connect screen on the DJI Go app.

Are you on iOS 9 or iOS 8? I'm starting to think that the latest versions of the dji go app don't play so well on iOS 8

Reed L, the challenge is the controller will not communicate with the phone. I can't get past the how to connect screen on the DJI Go app.
Then it could be that you got a bad lightning cable, the controller has a bad usb port, or more then likely the phone isn't letting the app do it's job. I say this with only android experience because I installed the app first before anything with the P3 and could always and still do get camera mode whether its connected or not.

Trust me, this is impacting dozens of people if not more, and will continue to impact more, it's not something as simple as a bad lightning cable or USB port. I'm a former hardware engineer and software engineer and this really seems like a software issue. It's become more widespread when the updates were released around October 5th or 6th. There's something bad in the 1.4 software, and I'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the support for lightbridge 2 that was added.

Just called DJI again and they sent me a shipping label to return the bird and controller. Sounds like an issue they are aware of. Night and day customer service change from when I called them over a month ago. They must have switched service providers. Very helpful and polite vs the first call that was a complete waste of my time. I will let you know what happens. Looks like about a 2 week turn around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik