DJI P3 Crash Broke Gimbal?

Reaction score
Phantom recently took a hit and the gimbal broke. The camera still works, but you can't control it. It tilts to one side when you fly it. Not sure what the problem is, but my guess is it needs a new gimbal motor. Do you think that is correct? If so where can I buy the part?

Check right behind the camera. It is called the roll motor. There are 5 screws on the back plate. 2 long and 3 short screws. Remove them and see if the shaft and camera are a lined right. Imagine a capital D with the round side down and the flat side horizontal. That's the back of the shaft. The flat part of the D should line up with the top of the camera when it is level. If it is not, that is your problem. A simple fix. There are good uTube videos on how to do the fix.

if the shaft is too loose thou, you will have to fixate it somehow. i've done about 600 of these and of all the stuff i've used red high temp permatex is the best thing to put on the shaft
and put it back in the roll motor case opening (now that didn't sound dirty at all :D )
adjust the shaft mentioned in the above post, let it heal for about an hour and then put a drop of superglue on the actual top of where you see the case and shaft inserted and let that
dry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31