DJI P2V+ v3 - Android/IOS tablet or Flysight Black Pearl

Reaction score
I'm looking for some guidance as to which type of monitor to buy. I'm new to this sport and just bought a Phantom 2 Vision+ v3.0. I currently have an iPhone 5S but the screen seems much too small to see things clearly, especially for my 64 year old eyes. I'd like to get some advice as to the pros and cons of using an Android tablet (as well as suggestions as to the best one to get), an IOS device, like the iPad Mini, or the Flysight Black Pearl 7" display (not even sure if this one will work with the Vision+ - you tell me).

I like the iPad for its size and picture quality, though it's kind of pricey. The price of the Android tablets seems more in line with my budget, but I'm not sure which is the best one to consider. I wish the Flysight Black Pearl had a larger screen, but it also seems to have the ability to add better antennas for more range which I don't know if that's available, or needed, for the other tablets.

Also, are there any FPV Goggles or glasses that are compatible with the P2V+ ? That's the way I'd like to go eventually as I also am going to get into R/C planes and would like to fly with FPV.

If anyone can help educate me on this subject and give me any suggestions on which ones to consider, and why, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Gary

Can anyone provide any help on this? I'm completely new to this and I want to spend my money wisely as it's definitely a finite resource.

Thanks

With the Vision line of Phantoms, you'll want to use the app which requires iOS or Android. You won't get that with the Black Pearl as it's just a monitor/receiver with no ability to download or install apps.

Unless you have a use for an iPad, I would suggest a (usually) lower priced Android tablet like the Nexus or Tab.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8D ... P96T4YNY99

Where do you live? Maybe run into your local Best Buy or office supply store that has a number of tablets you can see in person.

My Advice: Get a used Nexus 7 (2013) tablet (T-Mobile) for 200 or under. T-mobile gives 200mb free a month, which is perfect for Ground Station and the 7 inch 1920 X 1200 resolution of the tablet is great and you can install anything you want on it, as it is pure Android.

dptcalvin and woobisah, thanks for your replies.

woobisah, why a 2013 model Nexus 7 and why T-Mobile? Does either make a difference? Are you saying I should buy a used, refurbished model from T-Mobile or just get one off of eBay and buy the airtime from T-Mobile? What does that cost?

Also, I'm not familiar with Ground Station but I'm assuming it's an Android app. I don't understand the part about T-Mobile's free 200mb/mo. - I thought the controller communicated with the craft/camera via its own radio commands and dedicated WiFi. Is there something Ground Station does that requires a mobile connection? What if I just used it with kenargo's new Ultimate Flight app? Would I still need Ground Station on the tablet?

Lastly, what about the possibility of being able to use FPV goggles or glasses, like FatShark, Skyzone or Moverio? Can any of these be made to work with the P2V+ v3 without changing the camera and gimbal?

Appreciate your input.

Gary

If you are just using the dji vision app to control the camera and use it for fpv you don't need data... Ground station is for a complete auto pilot flight.... Check out www.phantomhelp.com under FPV there is a link to FPV goggles on amazon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj