DJI NFZ Lock out Functional Test

Reaction score
I uploaded the required firmware update and tried to fire up my P3P inside a building located within Class D airspace. Worked as advertised.

I uploaded the required firmware update and tried to fire up my P3P inside a building located within Class D airspace. Worked as advertised.
Yeh, but how can you be sure it's not listening to your phone calls, now?... :)
I hope your findings allow many people to get some sleep, finally.

Yeh, but how can you be sure it's not listening to your phone calls, now?... :)
I hope your findings allow many people to get some sleep, finally.
Thanks! On my way home I'm going to fire it up again well outside any restricted area and see what happens.

Flying with updated Litchi yesterday - P4 wouldn't take off. Turns out I was inside Class E five mi. radius.

After trying to launch my P3P INSIDE class D airspace, I drove a few miles and launched it outside any controlled airspace or DJI restricted area. Fired right up!

I welcome this feature, I would love to see all drone manufacturers mandated to this.

Reactions: Crack The Sky
Just had a look and cant see any new firmware for the P3 Advanced so is all this done through the app ?

Just had a look and cant see any new firmware for the P3 Advanced so is all this done through the app ?
I believe so - I got prompts to download the app on my Standards and then on my pro. When I fire the drones up the aircraft status indicates I have the latest firmware. I'm going to run a similar test on one of my standards this weekend.

Is there any where I can find more detailed information about the new update? Couldn't find much on the DJI webpage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers