dji may replace your crashed P3 if due to battery issue

Link works for me

That is Awesome, I'm glad at least they can address it now because I've seen many links and arguments about not flying unless it was 100%.

Wonder if that offer is retroactive for the folks who lost one in the sea or sent in a crashed one and had to pay a large sum to have it repaired?

Great news for all of us. We all knew that there is a problem with battery FW but yorlik could pin it down thru his experiments.

Cheers!

Regardless of this issue, DJI manual says we are supposed to fly with 100% batteries. I wonder if they will still honor the warranty when someone crashes during one of their 5 quick flights on a single battery.

They will obviously cover a true defect so this isn't news. And btw, when my P2 went into emergency landing at 58% battery - but did not crash - it took DJI right around 2 months to evaluate my faulty battery and send me a replacement.

Thanks for the info. It's always a hit/miss with DJI (we can't know for sure if they will cover a crash from a defective battery). I'll be calling and sending mine in (as I need to send in my Vision Plus as well). In the meantime, I've picked up another one for my trip to Florida this weekend.

20151216_173921.jpg

Picked it up locally for $1209 (P3A with backpack).

Regardless of this issue, DJI manual says we are supposed to fly with 100% batteries. I wonder if they will still honor the warranty when someone crashes during one of their 5 quick flights on a single battery.

They will obviously cover a true defect so this isn't news. And btw, when my P2 went into emergency landing at 58% battery - but did not crash - it took DJI right around 2 months to evaluate my faulty battery and send me a replacement.
This is not a faulty battery but a firmware bug which affect all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik