DJI Mavic Unfolding Animations

Reaction score
DJI Mavic Unfolding Animations

0.gif
0-1.gif
0-2.gif

oohhh release date? SEems like direct competition w/ gopro karma

oohhh release date?
DJI is announcing something new on September 27th. Many believe this is what they will be announcing.

Home.png

Its in the ball, harder to break the gimbal now, now you just break the arms if it crashes
It looks like it's not really going to be in a bubble:

14324610_10157663722115413_1765025998926507158_o.jpg

Reactions: scootrkitz
I don't argue it being there or not, but... isn't it likely to cause distortion, glare, 'flaring' or other optical aberrations?

I don't argue it being there or not, but... isn't it likely to cause distortion, glare, 'flaring' or other optical aberrations?
Probably it will cause distortion and glare - it might be that you can have it on or take it off for better IQ

It looks like it's not really going to be in a bubble:

View attachment 65117

Found this article, which had the same pic you posted.

That new bird seems to have all the goodies the P4 has! VPS underneath, OA at the front, and that gimbal seems full blown as well, camera can't be inferior to the P4, is this the end of the Phantom line? I wonder....

Last edited:
I bet they leaked on purpose to piss on the GoPro announcement!

If this does all the phantom does, and does everything the Karma does, it will kill the Karma!

If this flies as far, as fast and shoots as good of video, karma doesn't have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Suhail78
With all of DJI's years of drone building experience, I don't see how the Karma could possibly be better than the Mavic. Only time will tell :)

Great. Another camera that can be torn to pieces and not easily replaced. Had enough of that with the Phantoms.

After watching the GoPro promotional videos and the like, Gopro appears to be marketing the Karma as an "accessory" to the GoPro camera. Even the email I received today from Gopro made no mention of the Karma in the subject line, just the GoPro 5. You had to open the email and scroll down. I don't think their goal is to make people switch from their Phantoms, Typhoon H's or the like (it may have been at one time). Very little is mentioned of its capability in their promo. Again, I think its being treated as an accessory..

Anyways, can't wait to see what the Mavic has to offer. Not that I'm particularly interested in a selfie drone, but just curious to see!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4