DJI Mavic Flown in Rain

Reaction score
I live in Central America and have found a guy selling his DJI Mavic for less than half the price of new (they are expensive down here ... about 30% more than in the US).

Problem is he says he flew in light rain for a short time (just enough to get it back to him, so a few minutes supposedly).

He says everything works, except the GPS. He took it to local DJI repair shop who said the IMU needs calibration, which will cost a few hundred dollars. He says he doesn't have the cash, hence his reason to sell it.

Am I crazy to consider buying this? Never had a drone, though am part time camera guy and know a little about electronics.

Thanks!

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
His advice sounds like nonsense to me. You might take this thread to the Mavic forum - this is the Phantom forum. Good luck!

Thanks Mark. I thought this was the forum for general discussion. The only forum I can find for Mavic is read only (can't post anything). Perhaps I'm mistaken?

The seller says the Mavic won't connect to GPS mode, only atti mode. And that by virtue of not being able to connect to GPS mode, the control sometimes won't work to fly it - thugh the motor starts up ok and connects to the DJI app.

Sounds like best to pass ...

It sounds to me like a cracked GPS antenna - either the antenna itself or the antenna connection at the module. Or maybe the connection up there is still wet and grounding out? Either way, it would potentially be a relatively cheap repair. But I would join the Mavic forum and investigate further. The icon is at the bottom of this page. Good luck

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20