DJI Log Converter

Reaction score
Hot off the press... another converter for your DJI Pilot .txt log files...

http://www.uavforecast.com/djilogs

Outputs:
  • a comprehensive CSV format with every field imaginable
  • a Flytrex-compatible CSV format
  • Google Earth KML file
Props to Frank D'Amato for working with me on this one.

Also now supports FLY???.DAT files, with very limited output (text log messages only for the forseeable future).

Upcoming features:
  • a domain name just for this tool

Last edited:
Reactions: Toseef Ahmad
awesome. First two links worked. The KML file gave me this.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

tried a second file. Error on KML

I wish there was a way to get text files off the ipad other than itunes. Anyone know of a better way?

tried a second file. Error on KML

I wish there was a way to get text files off the ipad other than itunes. Anyone know of a better way?

Yes - I'll soon add a feature that lets you type in your DJI username and password, and my site will download your logs directly from DJI's cloud servers on your behalf. Then transferring logs will be as easy as hitting the cloud icon in the DJI Pilot app.

Reactions: Fplvert and SENC
Hot off the press... another converter for your DJI Pilot .txt log files...

http://www.uavforecast.com/djilogs

Outputs:
  • a comprehensive CSV format with every field imaginable
  • a Flytrex-compatible CSV format
  • Google Earth KML file
Props to Frank D'Amato for working with me on this one.

Upcoming features:
  • very limited support for FLY???.DAT files (text output only)
  • a domain name just for this tool
Where do I find this?

Where do I find this?

I haven't added this feature yet. Stay tuned!

works now. That feature to get it off the cloud....GOLDEN!!!!

this is very cool the ability upload the txt and then click on the KML pulls up google earth pro and off we go!

very limited support for FLY???.DAT files (text output only)
Does this mean text output only of all the data in the .dat file? I was planning to write a full conversion utility but if you already did it, I'd spend my time on something else. Thanks
Bill

I'm not seeing any option to login and download from the cloud, or did I misread delirious's post?

Getting Internal Server Error for all three links!
Please try again - your log had a frame type I haven't seen yet :)

Does this mean text output only of all the data in the .dat file? I was planning to write a full conversion utility but if you already did it, I'd spend my time on something else. Thanks
Bill
No, it'll only output the textual log messages. I know how to decode the other data but I have no idea what the fields mean (it's just a bunch of floating point and integer numbers) so outputting them wouldn't be useful right now. If you know how to decode them, do let me know...

No, it'll only output the textual log messages. I know how to decode the other data but I have no idea what the fields mean (it's just a bunch of floating point and integer numbers) so outputting them wouldn't be useful right now. If you know how to decode them, do let me know...
I've not tried to look a the file yet, can you PM me a snippet of the contents? Is it a binary encoded file?

CloudsNeverDie, this is a beautiful thing!

I wish I knew you were doing this as there's another member who is suppose to be putting the same thing together. No need for that now with what you have. However, your log profile for dashware is missing categories I know I prefer adding. So let me openly ask you a couple 3 questions....

1st - Would you mind adding additional data categories to your dashware logger profile?

2nd - Or maybe better yet.... Would you mind adding my (hand picked) dashware logger profile in addition to the one you currently have to your setup?

3rd - We can add your software to my server and do whatever you want with it, as a option should you not like your current setup.

Last edited:
Hey Frank - sure thing, let me know what specifically you want added.

Ok I will work on that right now while sitting here in the nice a/c. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic