DJI Lightbridge image transmission module

Hi Pug. The image transmitter in the Pro is better and transmits video at a higher bitrate than the Adv. The Pro is 10 mbps downlink and the Adv is 2 mbps. Source

Reactions: Flying pug
I heard the main board from the p3p needs to be swopped over too not just the Gimbal to get it all to work

Much of what we know about the magic inside the P3P gimbal is in this thread and it appears that for the most part, the P3P gimbal will work* with the P3A board but may require a firmware swap to P3P.
*the P3P gimbal's camera board has a fan to cool it which may not work when installed on a P3A

Much of what we know about the magic inside the P3P gimbal is in this thread and it appears that for the most part, the P3P gimbal will work* with the P3A board but may require a firmware swap to P3P.
*the P3P gimbal's camera board has a fan to cool it which may not work when installed on a P3A
I have updated the firmware to P3P and the fan on the gimbal is working. Will be testing it on Thursday when the wind drops here in the uk.

Sounds great, Pug. I'll be following this thread and looking forward to hearing from you!
Best of luck to your future travels.
Cheers,
Chris

Just a quick update. Calibrated the compass on site and the bird flew faultlessly. Camera was spot on working as it should. Not into long range flying but the never lost any signals on any sensors and the display to my galaxy s6 was spot on all the time. Hope this helps others. I will upload some footage in the video section when I get it edidited.

Reactions: Noble 1
That's really good news! Congratulations! We can't wait to see the footage you edited!

So, do you think it is possibile to have 10mbps downlink on a P3A changing some hardware? In case what and Would this cost more than directly buy a new p3p?
I'm planning to fly in fpv with googles, and even if many people is doin it with p3a with no problems caused by the famous pixelation, obviously not having the 2mbps limit would be better..

Video in the video section.

So, do you think it is possibile to have 10mbps downlink on a P3A changing some hardware? In case what and Would this cost more than directly buy a new p3p?
I'm planning to fly in fpv with googles, and even if many people is doin it with p3a with no problems caused by the famous pixelation, obviously not having the 2mbps limit would be better..
I could not tell you sorry. I don't understand all this downlink. All I can say is that I never lost the picture. But I never fly long distance.

The downlink bandwidth is controlled via the camera / gimbal. If you want 10mbps you need to swap your advanced camera for a pro camera .. End of story

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The downlink bandwidth is controlled via the camera / gimbal. If you want 10mbps you need to swap your advanced camera for a pro camera .. End of story

Isn't that what he said he had done.
End of story

y3mY-a5W_J39G8P-jtTHq9Qc-qCyPnDK4zYs8KBQzYpyDPXds7JDhg8fpgWq9-6YTHMEnRG-0UaTq57GXeGGmyrcsLkcY9vQA5oMytJe9Mj3NyWiIhyiiLzwO4L4wCjkeORpPrgtyolY2U1GMb1i7MTSFVUcypMJ1rd_cOjEq7czvI
y3mdLj4erWDb-ogDydgj221YRJ9TsIOnM4OV9cmKVdMv9jYuLVvQf8A-T79peEHXurlqQjpZu8wNPe7idjLk4jDzTVWR_hy9xCDTRNdfaYku4a03BQ87k3ImNac3ZGQ5sB8sKj5llN_3ZqAfO5pGNGjeLOYhGEX6u3lPqdZ1i0VKPA

The unit with repair wiring (top unit) is the Phantom 3 pro
The unit on the bottom is a phantom 3 advanced.
They are very different

Hmm. thats interesting. Are we sure though that this is not a difference in revision rather than a adv/pro difference?

Hmm. thats interesting. Are we sure though that this is not a difference in revision rather than a adv/pro difference?
it is a possibility, but the two are so different that this is essentially a complete redesign.
If there is such a flaw in the previous version that such a drastic redesign was required, i would have expected DJI to do a recall

Nah, thats a stretch. Revisions and redesigns are common, and not just to fix major flaws. Could just be to incorporate new (and possibly cheaper) components etc. They dont even look all that different, the big difference is the shielding/cooling.

Another thing to check, are they both US or both EU versions? EU versions have lower TX output power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20